i was just wondering could i put an emg 81 in the bridge and a SD invader in the neck in some sort of paralell circuit which allows them both to work and seperately ie 3way switch

is this possible any pointers

king regards david "dictator dave" winn
Not really, they need to be on separate circuits and you won't be able to use them together.

Mixing actives and passives is a ballache, its really not worth the bother.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
emg hz is your friend in this matter

although i do love invaders
especially in the neck
very warm and beefy tone
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
^ NO.

HZ= poo.

All Active or All passive. it's not worth the trouble, or the lack of tone from songle pickup options.

maaybe the splittable 60 in the bridge and a passive in the neck, but that'd be pushing it still.
------

Shwiggity.
thanks for help i found out kinda sucks might get an 81 (bridge) and use other humbuckers place to put battery (neck)

thnx alot
This is from EMG's website.
Can I mix EMG's with passive pickups?
It is possible to mix EMG's with passive pickups.
There are three possible wiring configurations; one is better than the other two.

Use the high impedance (250K-500K) volume and tone controls.
The problem is that the high impedance controls act more like a switch to the EMG's.
The passive pickups, however, will work fine.
If you have a guitar with two pickups and two volume pots, with a three-way switch, there is another alternative.
Use the 25K pots for the EMG, and the 250K or 500k pots for the passive pickup.
This way you can use one or the other with no adverse affects,
but with the switch in the middle position the passive pickup will have reduced gain and response.

Use the low-impedance (25K) volume and tone controls provided with the EMG's.
The problem here is that the passive pickups will suffer a reduction in gain and loss of high-frequency response.

This is the best alternative.
Install an EMG-PA-2 on the passive pickups. There are two benefits to doing this.
With the trimpot on the PA-2, you can adjust the gain of the passive pickups to match the EMG's.
The PA-2 acts as an impedance matching device so you can use the low-impedance EMG controls (25K) without affecting the tone
of the passive pickups.
You will also be able to use other EMG accessory circuits such as the SPC, RPC, EXB, EXG, etc.
For this application, we recommend ordering the PA-2 without the switch for easy installation on the inside of a guitar.
yeah i do have to agree about the hz
although ive heard claims of it sounding similar to the 81

you should just go with invaders on both
it sounds pretty good
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.