Im in Iraq, and I was wondering what the best Traveler Guitars are. I just want a not to expensive acoustic and was wondering if anyone owned one and could help me out. I found a cheap Johnson one, looks nice. Just looking for some opinions!!
http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/guitars-1/acoustic-guitars-3/washburn-rover-acoustic-travel-guitar-natural-380.html?zenid=1cadd086a4976485877bd977914e98e8

I bought this for a 3 week trip around Europe and it was fine. Pretty good sound for the price/it's size, it's really lightweight and pretty small too.

Gonna be bringing on my future travels round the world too.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
I'd recommend researching ukuleles. I bought one recently and they're great fun. Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukulele and see if you like the sounds of them, I love how they're an instrument in their own right, not just a scaled down guitar. Plus, your location says you're in Hawaii, it shouldn't be hard for you to learn about them.

If you're dead set on a mini acoustic I tried a guitar named 'porty' once that was really nice, I can't seem to find any info about it now though.
My roommate has a Lil' Martin. He paid $250 for it if I recall. It's nice for traveling because the top is solid spruce, but the back/sides/neck are all a composite so they're more durable in regards to impact, temp and humidity changes, etc.

Don't get one expecting it to sound like a nice dreadnought, but the playability is pretty good. It works very well for what it is.

I'd recommend one, or a baby taylor.
The martin laminates actually aren't more durable in terms of humidity changes. They come apart if you don't keep them in the right humidity.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
The martin laminates actually aren't more durable in terms of humidity changes. They come apart if you don't keep them in the right humidity.

Did you have a bad experience? I was told that this guitar was designed for temp/humidity resistance. Before someone says "yeah but he was a sales guy" that's true but they're not on commission and he actually convinced us into the cheaper of two we were considering. So far this one has been from San Diego to Boston, Georgia and Hawaii, with no issues. Time will tell I suppose.

-J
I havent had a bad experience with them, personally. However, there have been a few reports in the past about them falling apart(literally) from what I've read. I wouldn't be surprised if it did fall apart though. If you ever take a good look at how Martin's HPL is made, you'll be disgusted.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Thanks for all the responses. I went ahead and purchased the Washburn Rover from Musicians Friends, just have to wait for it to get here.
I'll take this victory .

For the price it's just a great deal, you get a load of equipment with it too, so you're all set.
Have fun with it and expect it to feel VERY weird to hold at first.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Quote by cheatham_usmc
Thanks for all the responses. I went ahead and purchased the Washburn Rover from Musicians Friends, just have to wait for it to get here.

Cheatham...any word yet? Has it arrived? I'm getting one for Christmas and while I don't travel as far as you do, I believe this is the one to have.

BTW, you're awesome for serving your country like you do! Blessings especially this time of year. Hoo-Rah!