Looks like a really cheap Strat copy.
I can't judge from the picture if it's any good, but I expect it to be if its really good, as good as a Squier starter set, and if really shitty...almost unplayable.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
looks like your average Strat/Bullet replica to me, should be ok, though don't expect much from it or the amp
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
Quote by xeniumxenium
Hello,

I want to buy an electric guitar. I have seen an C.Giant in the Aldi in Belgium and I want to know if it is a good guitar. Here you can find a picture of that guitar: http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=guitarzk0.jpg

Can someone help me?

I actually bought that guitar pack from aldi yesterday.the guitar's alright not the best for playing heavy metal.
i wouldnt recomend it.... but... i dont know what the instrument situation is like in belgium.... seems like you could probably get a lil bit of a better deal though..... i mean... some of the best instruments in the world are made in germany right??
"it aint a brooks n dunn tattoo, WITH OUT RONNIE DUNNNN!!"
I find starter sets like that are almost always a waste of money. They are low quality guitars with a crappy amp with a crappy tone. My advice would be to save up a bit of money, spend an hour or so at a music shop trying out different guitars to see which one feels best, do the same for an amp, and then buy them.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by xeniumxenium
Hello,

I want to buy an electric guitar. I have seen an C.Giant in the Aldi in Belgium and I want to know if it is a good guitar. Here you can find a picture of that guitar: http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=guitarzk0.jpg

Can someone help me?

I bought it last week, it's ok for calmer music but not so good for heavy metal. overall it is a good guitar.
no, not a good guitar. but dont think that you can get a great/good guitar with your budget (im guessing that your budget is very low?). i have had that guitar/amp. and once i got a new guitar, i realised how shitty it was.

but, for the price, i actually would buy it again, cuz beginner guitarist=beginner guitar (99/100 times). first guitar is for practicing, not for performing or recording and have a good tone.

buy it (or antoher starting pack wich will prolly be even/better quality)
1) Open Google Translator
2) Set it from English to Vietnamese
3) Type "Will Justin Bieber ever hit puberty"
4) Translate
5) Copy the Vietnamese text
6) Translate back from Vietnamese to English
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
WTF noobs? Why do you resurrect dead threads? This one is over a year old. Let it rest in peace.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
because if you had crawled out of that deep dark cave, you would have realised that they are selling them again, minus the tuner & headphones for just 60 quid.

I bought one on Saturday and am having a go. The CD and book are rubbish IMO, but the guitar sounds OK.

WTF Know It All's ! This thread is once again VALID!
Quote by umpa
because if you had crawled out of that deep dark cave, you would have realised that they are selling them again, minus the tuner & headphones for just 60 quid.

I bought one on Saturday and am having a go. The CD and book are rubbish IMO, but the guitar sounds OK.

WTF Know It All's ! This thread is once again VALID!

No it isn't! Nothing makes a dead thread valid. Plus, this thread is about our opinions on this starter set. It's not about the starter set itself. The fact that they are being sold again makes no difference.

If you have something important to share with the forum, or if you need advice on something, make a new thread. Don't resurrect dead ones.
Quote by Geldin
Last edited by Junior#1 at Mar 11, 2011,
Quote by Junior#1
If you have something important to share with the forum, or if you need advice on something, make a new thread. Don't resurrect dead ones.

I'd rather read one consistent thread on a subject than 30 threads on the same thing, re-iterating what's already been said in earlier threads. If mods did not want us to raise the dead, they'd autolock/archive old threads, it's not rocket surgery.
Quote by kirigoe
I'd rather read one consistent thread on a subject than 30 threads on the same thing, re-iterating what's already been said in earlier threads. If mods did not want us to raise the dead, they'd autolock/archive old threads, it's not rocket surgery.

What the hell is 'rocket surgery' ?
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Quote by RDSElite
What the hell is 'rocket surgery' ?

duh it like when a rocket has a problem with it's apendix and you need to cut it open and take it out, that would be rocket surgery, yeah it's kid of dangerous but someone has to do it right?
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
*reported* its a 2 and 1/2 year bump... c'mon...
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Junior#1
No it isn't! Nothing makes a dead thread valid. Plus, this thread is about our opinions on this starter set. It's not about the starter set itself. The fact that they are being sold again makes no difference.

If you really believe that then your an idiot or a child.

Quote by Junior#1
If you have something important to share with the forum, or if you need advice on something, make a new thread.

I did and I shared it - not like you whom seems to think they are in charge - lol

Quote by Junior#1
Don't resurrect dead ones.

I can't be bothered with you - you seem to be a troll. No one makes you read or post so why bother...

EDIT - just looked at your profile - you ARE a child so I guess you don't know any better and a few to many hormones - lol
Last edited by umpa at Mar 12, 2011,
I own too many guitars of all kinds, jazz western starts etc., also built and restored a few, but i couldn't resist buying one of those c giant starter kits at Aldi.
It came with an amp, chromatic tuner gigbag strap instruction book cd, etc.
1 The amp is fine for home practice, and nothing else.
2 the chrom. tuner is excellent.
3 The strap and gig-bag are crap for the road, but great for home use.
4 Then the stratitself;
It came with a nice fender-copy headstock (small one)
Finish was above average.
The tuners are brand-less, but work well and hold tune even after a long time.
The tremolo-bridge is simple and cheap but works fine.
The bridge was about 2 mm out of centre though.
I repositioned the bridge, leveled the frets (did not need all that much though),
Replaced the strings with a set of 46-10
Ernie Balls, adjusted the action and intonation after adjusting the string height at the nut.
and plugged it in.
AMAZING, great tone, superb sustain ( too much even for some songs), tremolo works fine ( it is of course no Floyd Rose), played it daily for a week, set it aside for 2 months, took it out of the bag and it was still in tune.
Great lightweight guitar for a small price with a huge sound.
Plan on reselling it, but could not get myself to part from it. It beats my Squire with original fender pups easily and is about 1 lbs lighter.
cool story bro, don't bump dead threads please.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com