Hey guys,
I need help with my edge 3 trem.
I was tuning my guitar to drop A, as usual.
My tremolo dropped and now the action is so low i can't go higher than the 1st fret lol
Can someone PLEASE help me fix it??????
Well, my solution is to replace it, because the Edge III is a piece of SHIT.
Go get an Original Floyd Rose.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
loosen the knife bolts and raise your action.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by CBILLCollector
Hey guys,
I need help with my edge 3 trem.
I was tuning my guitar to drop A, as usual.
My tremolo dropped and now the action is so low i can't go higher than the 1st fret lol
Can someone PLEASE help me fix it??????

Has it sunk into the trem cavity or actually fallen off the trem posts? Either way the problem is the same - by tuning that low you've got next to no string tension to balance the trem springs. That means the pull on the bridge from the springs is much higher so it sinks back into the cavity, if the string tension is really low then it won't even be enough to hold the bridge in place and it'll fall off.

If you want to play in drop A then you're going to need at least gauge 11 strings on there, but probably 12's. Anything lighter and the string tension isn't going to be high enough to give you any tuning stability.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
how long have you had that guitar?

You probably need the springs adjusted. With a locking trem, you can't just go changing your tuning willy-nilly. take it to GC.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Justice4AllOne
Well, my solution is to replace it, because the Edge III is a piece of SHIT.
Go get an Original Floyd Rose.

Tremolos are not some awesome, universal device that magically fit into one another's slots, dude. The trem posts on an OFR and those of an Edge III are spaced differently and are of different dimensions. You would have to do a potentially risky woodworking job to get a different sized trem to fit into the cavity, and aside from the risk, it's not exactly cheap. For a trem unit and the labour could be in the neighborhood of $800ish, ballpark estimate.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
Tremolos are not some awesome, universal device that magically fit into one another's slots, dude. The trem posts on an OFR and those of an Edge III are spaced differently and are of different dimensions. You would have to do a potentially risky woodworking job to get a different sized trem to fit into the cavity, and aside from the risk, it's not exactly cheap. For a trem unit and the labour could be in the neighborhood of $800ish, ballpark estimate.

Actually i think i've heard from multiple people on here that the edge3 and an OFR is a direct swap.
Quote by di$TOrTed
Actually i think i've heard from multiple people on here that the edge3 and an OFR is a direct swap.

I'm pretty confident that it is otherwise, but feel free to give it a shot. It sure would be a shame to spend a few hundred on a unit and not have it fit though.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by di$TOrTed

This man is correct. The only thing is that the OFR is slightly wider, so it would take a routing, but that would be ridiculously cheap, as far as routing goes.

Also, Dudage, you obviously have no experience with replacing a floating tremolo system, because a FULL OFR routing costs in the neighborhood of $250, not $800. That's far more work than the replacement from an Edge III to an OFR.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by CBILLCollector
The trem has actually fallen into the tremolo cavity. I want to know how to raise it again

Take out a spring or loosen the screws in the back of the guitar in the trem cavity. You can't just go around dropping your strings 2 steps with a floating tremolo whenever you feel like it.
Quote by Dudage
I'm pretty confident that it is otherwise, but feel free to give it a shot. It sure would be a shame to spend a few hundred on a unit and not have it fit though.

It is possible. I made a tutorial on how to change the edgeIII for an OFR. The edge III is actually pretty good though. Much smoother than the OFR. The tutorial is in my sig anyways.
leave it out
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
put some mother****ing chunky strings on your guitar and leave it in that tuning
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.