in the solos i do for my band i constantly dont know what structure to work with
i dont know when to start playing really fast when to start slowing down or whatever.
please give me some help
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yea you gotta work on your phrasing. You want to think of scale structers as a base for the solo such as the penatonic used in most rock n roll. Am I making this clear lol its not that easy to explain?
Quote by youngncy
Yea you gotta work on your phrasing. You want to think of scale structers as a base for the solo such as the penatonic used in most rock n roll. Am I making this clear lol its not that easy to explain?

explain more please
Do you mean writing or improvising? With improvisation it's very difficult. Personally I almost never improvise. Usually the audience just gets bored.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Quote by merr08
in the solos i do for my band i constantly dont know what structure to work with
i dont know when to start playing really fast when to start slowing down or whatever.
please give me some help

Think of each phrase as a sentense. Make each one speak or say something. Know your scales well enought that you don't have to think about them when you play...just put these phrases or sentenses together...small or large....and there is your solo!!

again, think of a solo as someone speaking....
Speaking of solo, Wintersun- Death and The Healing, check out how they do it, it is the most cut and dried solo ever. It matches the entire tone of the song to a T with a 2 minute long solo starting out in a dark ominous tone then switching over to a happy cheerful tone. But yeah, as everyone said, it's in the Phrasing.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris