Hey guys, for Christmas my parents/brothers will give me £300, meaning i will have to contribute £500, i have my perfect shred guitar now I'm looking for my perfect Blues guitar, thus being a strat

Budget-£800

Preferences- Maple fretboard, single coils, I play Hendrix/SRV/

Thanks!

Anthony
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
My strat cost about that much, but it has a 'bucker. Still very strat sounding though. Awesome guitar.
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
You can get an American Strat for £700, leaves you with an extra £100 for upgrades/mods.
Standard or deluxe :P ?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Standard, though the deluxe is within your price range too (exactly £800 from where i'm looking actually).
you looking to maybe get a floyd rose added to the strat, extra tuning stability. thats should be in your price range
How exactly would i get extra tuning stability?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by acdcrock2000
you looking to maybe get a floyd rose added to the strat, extra tuning stability. thats should be in your price range

way to ruin a great guitar
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
The Floyd Rose is a stupid idea.

Get either a good Japanese or American Strat, then upgrade it with the money leftover.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
MIA or MIJ strat with Texas Specials = Sex
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by acdcrock2000
I'm sorry if my idea doesn't suit everybody.

Well, that's the problem, it doesn't suit the threadstarter.

He wont need a Floyd for Hendrix and SRV.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
i would go to the store and start playing every strat you can lay your hands on. find the one that plays and sound the best and buy it. use the extra money you have left over to buy things like a nice bridge, nice tuners, and nice saddles. or if you have a lot of money left over, buy some nice handwound pickups. a good MIM strat with upgrades like this can be a fantastic instrument.
Quote by rhcp_freak
Well, that's the problem, it doesn't suit the threadstarter.

He wont need a Floyd for Hendrix and SRV.

hendrix could have done with a floyd.

in fact he'd probably have had one installed had they been around during his lifetime.

it's not as if he was a traditionalist like many strat fanbois are.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
hendrix could have done with a floyd.

in fact he'd probably have had one installed had they been around during his lifetime.

it's not as if he was a traditionalist like many strat fanbois are.

But, saying that, locking tuners are better for Strats, as you don't need extensive routing, and they're cheaper. Not to mention they keep the tuning as well as Floyds and they don't spoil the looks.

That's why I have them on mine.

Anyways, you could get an American Deluxe or an American Vintage, if you can be bothered to save up for it; it would sound better for Hendrix-y SRV type stuff. The American Deluxe can also giuve you humbucking tones with the S1 switch, which is nice.

But yeah, a used American Vintage, or a new one if you can save up an extra £300 or so for it. I think that would be good for it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero