Hello! I'm trying to find some good fuzz to run through a Mesa Dual Rectifier. The head isn't mine, it's just the one that's always in the room at the place I go to with friends. I can't play very loud at all in my apartment...

So! I've so far been looking at the EHX Bass Big Muff Pi and the MXR El Grande Bass Fuzz. The most I'm willing to spend on a bass fuzz is around $160, maybe $170. I'm looking for a really crackle-y fuzz that holds up the low end really well. I like that the EHX can mix in dry but equally enjoy the MXR's deep enhancer so I'm not sure which way to go. I also haven't been able to test either myself just because I haven't found either at any stores.

If anybody has experience with both, could you share it with me? It would be extremely helpful. I'm also very open to looking into other Fuzz pedals.

While I'm here, I'd also like to ask for a good EQ Pedal. Would the MXR 10-Band work well with bass? What good Bass eq's are out there that aren't too difficult to come by for me to explore? Price range of about $120-125.
Ibanez SR505

EBS MultiComp
BOSS GEB-7

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg SVT 810E
Why don't you just buy a decent bass amp? Also don't run that head with a guitar cab. You'll blow the speakers. Run it through a bass cab for some badass distortion.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
a bass guitar through a dual rectifier? thats not yours? you're a knucklehead
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Just to let you know, the Big Muff Pi > The Bass Muff, for both guitar and bass.

Then again, it's personal taste, and I'd just get a bass amp in case I blew something.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I've been doing it for a while and haven't damaged it, yet.

And thank you rhcp_freak
Ibanez SR505

EBS MultiComp
BOSS GEB-7

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg SVT 810E