Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
thanks for help will email them soon
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
i changed the pick guard on my squier. it "fits" but youll have to angle a screw or so
Quote by mattwhit
i changed the pick guard on my squier. it "fits" but youll have to angle a screw or so

can u post pictures as i dont see what you mean
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
^he means that the holes in the pickguard don't quite line up with the holes in the body. The holes that won't line up are the ones for the screws that hold down the pickguard to the body.

if they almost line up, you can get by with the screws on a slight angle, but if the holes don't line up at all, you'll need to drill new holes. you'll end up with some unused holes, but they'll be under the pickguard, so not a huge deal.
would i be able to just drill the holes or does it need something on it to stop it cracking?
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
copy pasta from another thread:

Quote by Jim85IROC
Put some masking tape over the top surface of the guitar body if it's already finished. Once that's done, set the pickguard where you want it and tape it down securely. Take a punch and line it up in the center of the screw hole, and tap it with a hammer to leave a small divot in the surface of the guitar body. If you don't have a punch, an awl and some elbow grease will do the trick.

Once you've got your punch divot in every hole, remove the pickguard. Grab an appropriately sized drill bit (i.e. one small enough to leave enough wood for the screw threads to grab onto) and after you put it in your drill, wrap a piece of masking tape at the depth that's the same as the length of the screws. When you drill, start with the drill bit in the divot you created with the punch, and squeeze the drill easy so that you drill slowly. Just drill down until your piece of tape is at the surface of the guitar body.

Once all your holes are drilled, remove the masking tape on the guitar body.

It probably sounds complicated, but just practice a couple times on a piece of scrap wood. Drilling small holes into wood is really about the easiest task you'll ever manage to accomplish with a power tool in your hand.