Page 1 of 3
Ok I have a guy that wants to trade me his Randall RG50TC for my Marshall MG100HDFX half stack.

I havent played the amp yet but I guess I'm just wondering if this is a good deal and if so...should I trade him straight up or should there be some cash exchanged as well (in either direction). The Randall looks like it goes for about $550-$600 new and he says its in almost new condition. My Marshall goes for $600 head and cab and definitely is in brand new condition.

Now I know everyone and their brother hates the Marshall MG, and I didnt at the time that I bought it, but yeah now i do. I should have listened to you guys here lol.
Elitists and Hypocrites
For the love of god, trade!

The halfstack is worth less used than the Randall is and the Randall will destroy it in sound quality, that guy is an idiot
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
What an absolute idiot.

Trade before he realises how shit they are.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
As Arnie would say

DO IT, DO IT NAOOOOOO

Also thank the guitar gods for giving you the ideal opportunity to banish the MG.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
How is the Randall RG50 tho? I mean Im definitely trading him but what do you think about that amp?
Elitists and Hypocrites
Dont think your going to find anybody who is going to tell you that you will be getting the crappy end of the trade.
Quote by forsaknazrael
It's good, far better than the MG at metal. One of the best high gain amps at lower budgets.
You can probably even convince him to give you 50 bucks or so in addition to the amp.

Screw the $ 50. Get rid of the MG before he realizes the error of his decision. He may balk when you hit him with money request and back out.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

88 Marsh JCM 800 1/2 stack
05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
do it. of course you'd have to consider the moral implications...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hehe, no brainer man. Do it before he comes to his senses, as long as it's not a friend you'll have to see again.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ALL TUBE AMP WITH GOOD METALISH SOUND VS A CHEAP SHITTY EFFECTED SS AMP

Guess who wins
do it now NOW i say
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
do it, just make sure the guy doesnt know where you live
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400

haha yeah
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by bjovi400

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Haha well I cant go against what a multitude says. It's his own fault right? I should be the proud new owner of that amp in about an hour
Elitists and Hypocrites
he's obviously trading for it because it says Marshall
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by bjovi400
he's obviously trading for it because it says Marshall

To be honest thats why I bought it. Shameful time in my life...
Elitists and Hypocrites
haha don't let him know where you live! cuz in a couple months he'll find out from someone else how dumb of a trade he made, and then be like, "i'm gonna stalk him and play the sympathy card and say it's still mine." i'm sure that's how a lotta novice traders would act.

whatever you do, make sure he knows that the trade is FINAL. get it in writing to be safe .

yea....UG doesn't **** around when it comes to MGs
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by bjovi400

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Give it some time and he will see the error of his ways then be saying "aww dude come on trade me back I wasnt for real it was just a temp thing to try it out"
Quote by Tackleberry
Give it some time and he will see the error of his ways then be saying "aww dude come on trade me back I wasnt for real it was just a temp thing to try it out"

Thats why I wrote up a bill of sale for the thing
Elitists and Hypocrites
^You got very lucky man, even if you don't like that amp you'd still be able to sell it for more than the MG.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by slash_rocks2005
yea....UG doesn't **** around when it comes to MGs

LOL sigged.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
so did ya get it?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Quote by CSUTremonti777
To be honest thats why I bought it. Shameful time in my life...

dont worry, ive made a lot of the decisions ive made buying stuff for this hobby i love out of total noobishness (new word?) hahaha....
I hope you get that Randall, it will sound much better. The cleans are pretty good and most of all the amp's distortion wil be usable unlike the MG.
Good luck!
It would be funny if the other guy came across this thread... :P oh geez
Make sure he really wants to do it. If he thinks it's going to be better you might want to be the better man and tell him about it or at least let him try it out. Good deals are good deals but doing what is right isn't always easy.

I'm sure he wants it just because it's a Marshall Stack. If he's dead set on it, I would go for it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Oh man I cant believe I got it! He even tried my MG out and was like "well the distortion isnt as good as mine...but ill take it!" Lol I love this freakin amp I cant believe he traded me!

Edit: He does play through a giant Vox pedal, so I told him the amp distortion doesnt matter and he agreed. I do feel a lil bad but I got a great amp out of the deal so I'm happy
Elitists and Hypocrites
Wow, that's awesome, great to hear. It's his own fault since he tried the amp and everything.

How do you like the randall?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The Liberal Elitist comment in your sig makes me want to advise you to keep the MG.

But ya, tradez nao plz.

Sorry to bring politics in to this, but are you one of those people who believes Obama is an elitist?

Lets put it this way.

One candidate was raised by a single mother living off of foodstamps. His mother died and he had to live with his grandparents. He worked his way up to a University education and Harvard and became the president of the Harvard Law Revue. He then decided to work as a community organizer rather than for Wall Street.

The other has 10 houses valued at over 13 million dollars, dumped his wife to marry an heiress, and had this to say to american workers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWOZKeOauNI

SORRY, /END RANT.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by Kevin Saale
Wow, that's awesome, great to hear. It's his own fault since he tried the amp and everything.

How do you like the randall?

Its like night and day compared to that Marshall. I LOVE the distortion on it, and actually was very impressed with the cleans, I didnt hear anything in particular about the cleans so I wasnt sure what to expect, but they sounds waaaaaaaay better than my marshall. I love it already even after 20 mins
Elitists and Hypocrites
I'm glad to hear you went through with it when he wanted it!

Great score man!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Page 1 of 3