Ah yes, another one of these threads, lol

So I'm currently looking into the idea of upgrading amps once I save some money and sell mine. The main thing I've been considering to buy is a Mesa F-series head, but a possble new opportunity has come up. I may be able to get a good deal on an ENGL, and am rather tempted if that's the case, because it's something different to use than everything else I've tried. (I know I've already mentioned Mesa's, but I want something other than a Recto or Mark series amp if I bought one)

So, the amp in question here is the ENGL Fireball. What does everyone here have to say about it? I've heard nothing but amazing things about these amps, but the catch to buying one is that I wouldn't get a chance to try it out before I bought it. I play metal of all styles, and other rock genres as well, but mainly high gain metal. I need a good clean tone too, and that's where most of the high gain amps I've played out of fall short IMO (Understandably so)

Thanks for all input!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
All that Ive heard about the Fireball is it has nice cleans, and a Really mean death metal rhythm tone, but the leads sound sterile and it's a pretty basic, stripped down amp.
How much would you be looking at for it? I wouldn't pay the price they're selling for them new tbh, but that's just me.
how much "other rock"? the fireball does the modern death metal thing pretty well, and has nice cleans (for a high gainer), but doesn't have much in-between those two extremes...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like the fireball, but you may want to look at the powerball if you need it to be more flexible.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Hmm..I'll list some bands to give you an idea of influences in playing/tone.

Metal
- All That Remains, early Avenged Sevenfold, Children of Bodom, Dark Tranquility, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Necrophagist, Nodes of Ranvier, Opeth, Shadows Fall, Trivium. Mainly thrash/melodic death metal, and some metalcore.

Other rock would include punk, rockabilly/psychobilly, and occasional hard rock/80's metal. But think mainly more semi-high gain/high gain stuff for this amp. I'd probably use a different amp for any mid-gain stuff, unless finances permit me to go for a powerball, but I doubt it. I'm mainly looking for a good metal amp with good cleans (they don't have to be perfect, but something better than a Mesa recto would be nice), and the ability to back off on the gain just a bit if need be is a bonus, but not a requirement.
it's really hard to say, to be honest. the fireball might do that, but i'm not too sure about the versatility... it's hard to be sure unless you tried it...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sounds like you might like the blackmore better. It's more vintage based than the fireball but it does a good job at just about everything.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
yeah, but does it get modern enough for the modern metal? i'm not sure to be honest, it's why he'd need to try them...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Always try before you buy an expensive amp.

I recently purchased a 2x12 vintage 30 cab for my ENGL Blackmore...when I get that in I might be able to tell you more about its modern metal capabillitities. It should be fine though.
WTLTL 2011