im talking about the ones with buttons that you press for the drum sounds. is it worthy having around? easy to use? and can i programme beats into recording softwares like garageband? oh yeah and what do you guys use it for?
sorta.
I have a korg padkontrol which is just a midi control. I can then real-time reocrd or step record midi note into a dequencer and then play them back through a sampler..

IE record notes in sonar or cubase then load the VSTi EZdrummer

I also use a Vdrum set to do this
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
i have used an Alesis SR-16 drum machine in practice for many years. it's way more fun to practice when you have a decent sounding drum to play along with. unless
of course, you're married to a drummer, like anarkee.
i use
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2007/07/27/alesis-intros-performance-pad-drum-machine

for my drum machine. you can make really sharp beats on it. i use it to record my electronic stuff. you can check out the capibilities of it on the mp3's on my profile. i use Sonar 7 and FL8 for my recording loops to jam with or songs.
My bass teacher has a drum machine, an incredibly useful piece of kit. Like a metronome, but better.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
The people that use drum machines are either bored of a normal metronome, or in a really sucky band that cant get a drummer
As Rick stated, I have the luxury of a live in drummer, but when he's not available, I either use the cheap ass keyboard drum midi, the drum loops in the BP200 or cook something up using Hydrogen http://www.hydrogen-music.org/.
Quote by rollininrhythm
The people that use drum machines are either bored of a normal metronome, or in a really sucky band that cant get a drummer

Or they like to make their own music?
Also its better than practicing with a metronome imo
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
^^^yea i bought a drum pad to start mixing electronic beat(check the profile for some). and ended up using it for play bass by myself. it really helps you with locking into a groove with the drums which will translate into the band setting..