Alright, so the story is basically that I've joined a band as a bass player, but I don't have an adequate amp yet for gigging(it barely makes practice levels) and I can't afford one yet. However, my friend recently bought a new stereo amp(for DJing at dances and stuff like that) and he's not using his old one, which is still in good condition.

So I was wondering if I could use my Korg Multi-effects pedal and run that into his old amp, and then output that into 2 2x12 bass cabinets that he has. Would that work?

And since I only have one speaker cable, would instrument cables work well as speaker cables too?

Thanks in advance guys.
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P
I don't think any of that is going work.

1.) That stereo amp is not built for bass guitar. You need something that can handle lower end frequencies.

2.) Do not use an instrument cable as a speaker cable.

3.) If you use a mult-effect pedal get a pedal geared for bass guitar.

*It is a stereo amp and not guitar amp but for a stereo amp is a good one - oh nevermind*
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I don't think any of that is going work.

1.) That stereo amp is not built for bass guitar. You need something that can handle lower end frequencies.

2.) Do not use an instrument cable as a speaker cable.

3.) If you use a mult-effect pedal get a pedal geared for bass guitar.

*It is a stereo amp and not guitar amp but for a stereo amp is a good one - oh nevermind*

Well he runs really low and heavy stuff through it all the time, so I doubt it would have a problem handling a bass guitar.

So I can't use an instrument cable, not even as a stand-in for the moment?

And my pedal is geared for bass, no worries on that front.
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P