Page 1 of 4
So today, at my locker, me and my friend Shane are having a conversation. We somehow got into the topic of what bands we have been listening to lately. I mentioned that I had recently started listening to Metallica and Streetlight Manifesto.

Now he's a pretty hardcore ska fan, but when I had mentioned Streetlight, he went crazy. He went off on a tangent on how "You have to be ska to listen to ska", and a whole bunch of other crap. He said that I only like one ska band so i cant be ska, therefore I cant listen to ska. So I tell him that it is only one band, and that I'm not trying to be ska, I just happen to like Streetlight Manifesto. He immediately denounced me as a poser, and walked off.

WTF is this logic?
I have come to the conclusion that he is a "Musical Elitist". Someone who immediately denounces people as posers if they don't follow a strict set of rules on how to like a genre, and that all other genres are crap.

Who is right in this argument, me or Shane?
Is he right and I'm just going insane, or is he really overreacting to the whole thing?
Does anyone else know anyone like this?

TLDR:
A bunch of high school drama about music.
?!
Why the hell didn't you just slam his head into the locker? FOOL! GET OFF MY FORUM!

*Points towards open door*
Quote by andyq777
your friends an idiot

+mother****in' 1
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
Of course he's right. It is, after all, his opinion.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Elitism is amazing. Anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot who has crap taste, and is in denial about it all.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
He's totally right. You're not ska enough to listen to Metallica.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by andyq777
your friends an idiot

First posts always seem to sum up the thread nicely.

+1
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
You're right, he's being a mong, that would mean that unless you started listening to about 15 bands of the same genre at the same time or you can't listen that genre at all.

Just ignore him.
Quote by Exo M7
He's totally right. You're not ska enough to listen to Metallica.

........................ *gasp!* I see what you did there!!
Quote by gangsta_rick
HAHA TWO WORDS f*CKING LEGEND

Finally a sig which shows another member praising me.

My work here is done
First of all, Streetlight = Massive Win.

Second of all, at first, when I said the words "my friend likes Ska", I was going to say "he's right". But now I see that he's a douche, and you should destroy his genitals with a hammer.

Ska is supposed to be about having fun and NOT being a douchebag. Your friend appears to be a douchebag, so therefore he shouldn't be listening to Ska.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Your friend is an ignorant twat.

Do you mind if i ask why the hell you are still posting if you are banned?
?!
Quote by grenade24

hax

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You have to be ska to listen to ska? So I guess smurfs are the only ones who can listen to blues.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by grenade24

[ hint]If you can see a users signature, they are not actually banned.[/hint ]

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
You should get new friends

Or at least teach him to respect.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by grenade24

I'm not banned.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Streetlight sucks anyway. Listen to the Slackers.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Oh what a surprise, there was this ska guy at school once who was so damn elitist too. Not only for his music, but a complete left-wing-in-your-face twat.
DANK MEMES
Quote by Mad Marius
You have to be ska to listen to ska? So I guess smurfs are the only ones who can listen to blues.

I applaud because that joke wasn't peverse in any way. A first in the Pit.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
He needs a good Falcon Punching. Any volunteers?

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Quote by Metallica708
He needs a good Falcon Punching. Any volunteers?

sign me up
Make sure your always playing Ska when he's around. Jerks like that should be annoyed at every possible chance.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
[ hint]If you can see a users signature, they are not actually banned.[/hint ]

[gets hint] Oh ok [/gets hint]
?!
Elitists in general hate it when they find out that more than one person likes a band they like.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
I started listening to Streetlight manifesto after I read your first post. I hate people like that.

However, I also like that Less Than Jake song All My Friends Are Metalheads, so I'm More Ska than you!!!!! Hahaha.

Anyway, I like all kinds of music, generally if it's a good song then I like it, and that's if I think it's a good song then I like it, regardless of band, genre etc. etc.
Shane himself is a twat.

I only listen to metal (as in like my stereo and stuff) because it's what I love..

But I can tolerate other music.. I'm studying classical in music and I think it's great..

Tell your "friend" to fornicate himself with an iron stick.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Music elitist? You mean metalhead?

I would argue with you but i just can't.
Page 1 of 4