Alright, I'm between two Fender amps. Both 15-watts, both with tubes, both with 10-inch speakers. One is a Fender Pro Junior, the other a Super Champ XD(Yes, the XD is part of the name).

The Pro Junior is a genuine Fender tube amp, and it basically an economy version of the Blues Junior. The Super Champ is a modeling amp, but the fact it's tube gives me hope. The only thing though is the guy telling me it's all-valve is the guy at a local store and I tend not to trust them much on stuff like that.

The Super Champ also has, being a modeling amp, amp models, as well as EQ, which is sadly lacking on the Pro Junior.

So, which of the two?(Note; I already can decide myself if the Super Champ isn't a tube amp, but with models and is really a hybrid amp)
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I have not played the Pro Jr. but I really like the Super Champ. It's a hybrid as stated but a damn good one. If I wanted a true all tube amp I'd get a Blues Jr if I was wanting a Fender.

Is it strictly down to those two amp? There are other amps.

PS. Someone on UG already has your avatar. I thought you were someone else

Didn't know if you knew that.
Depends what sound you're looking for...

I'd recommend the Blues Jr, I've got one and its a great amp, beautiful cleans.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I'd say find a used blues junior, unless you want the modeling, then get the champ.

The champ can be run as all tube when clean, but on the gain channels it uses modeling in the preamp.

I still recommend the BJ
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Laney VC15 if you're in the UK.
Pro Junior. Better tone, hands down. Get an EQ pedal - you'll want one anyways
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by imgooley
Laney VC15 if you're in the UK.

That if you are in the UK, otherwise a pro jr is pretty limited, no reverb, no eq. Can you consider used amps where you live?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
That if you are in the UK, otherwise a pro jr is pretty limited, no reverb, no eq. Can you consider used amps where you live?

Well, his location says England
Quote by imgooley
Well, his location says England

Read closely grasshopper, it says NOT england.
Quote by Kevin Saale

speed typer...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'd say find a used blues junior, unless you want the modeling, then get the champ.

The champ can be run as all tube when clean, but on the gain channels it uses modeling in the preamp.

I still recommend the BJ

there you go then, they obviosly run on diffrent circuts, but the super champ on the clean channel is baisicly the same wattage as the BJ all tube with just a volume knob, with the option of making it a hybrid.
so wich ones better.
I don't do PMs. Let the other thread die. TNfootballfan62 has it and has done for years, i'd advise against changing it if I were you.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^It's not the same, it only has one 12ax7s to the 2-4 that the bj has. I've played both and I don't think the champ sounds that good. I think the PJ is pointless since it has no eq, and a 10 inch speaker and you can get it's 12 in eqed cousin for the same price used.
Quote by Kevin Saale

I don't like to read.
Quote by THEKID546
^true that would explain why the clean channel on the super XD is jazzy and dry.

Probably, the BJ is wet and has an amazing blues tone. I could understand getting the xd if you need the versatility, but in this case it doesn't seem like the TS does.
^This. If you need versatility, the super champ is a good modeler (i have one). If you can get whatever tone you want out of a blues junior at a volume that you will realistically practice at, then by all means get it over the super champ.

Super champ xd is never all tube btw. I keep spamming this but it's taking a while to catch on.
^So it's basically a hybrid style preamp with a tube power amp?
I agree pak. It is has 1 - 12AX7 preamp tube and 2 power tubes i think. So the built in effects are computer chips and software. Not bad by any means.

For some reason the SuperChamp has not been on Fender's site for like a month. Bothers me actually. I like the amp.

Necrosis - you give good advice in the EG forum but please change your avatar.

there are a million and one things to chose from including the defaults in Options.

Kevin - that was a slow post for me
http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=654379

this thread on the fender forums is what I read before buying mine. It uses half the preamp tube as a phase inverter, he other half as a gain stage (scroll down the post a little). Poweramp is all tube.

I guess you could call it an all-tube signal path, since it has one in both the power and preamps, but all the voices, volume, eq is controlled by the onboard dsp (even the clean). It has no default voice, the channel one voice is the same as voice 4 on channel 2, except the voice 4 breaks up a little earlier.

sorry it took a while, my internet was acting up

more:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.guitar.amps/2008-02/msg02496.html
^ I was never a fan any way, I just though the clean didn't use the modeling.
Quote by pak1351

Just spreading the word. People will believe you and 311

Why? Did I say something incorrectly?

1/2 of a preamp tube, 1/2 of which is for phase inverter, does not tell me it is a All Tube signal path, clean or not. Eitherway it is a hybrid. I guess it is a fine line on defining 'hybrid'.

Alright, thanks for all the advice guys. If your still willing to give me advice( ), please check my newest topic on the amps I'm looking at.

No offense...but this is your 3rd 'VS' thread tonight. Personally, I don't care, but 'VS' threads are against the rules.

These amps are voiced differently and sound different too. I think you need to try to go to Guitar Center or something and try some of these. Blackhearts are well made and have nice tone. For what it is worth, Crate and Blackheart are now owned by the same company and Crate valve amps are being phased out to move forward with the Blackheart name.

So. Fenders are Fenders. Blackhearts are Blackhearts. Yes combo's are simple to move and carry around imo but if it is just going to set there in your room who cares?

Sorry, i'm spun up due to rain delay. Also, there are people that will make you a custom SRV avatar if you are interested. Good luck.
Hmm...alright then, I suppose once I get the new guitar I'll try the amps out. Thanks for all the advice man. =3

Hmm...who exactly would they be?

XD Not a problem.

An old 2002 Mexican strat. My uncle is selling me it for $220, with a new pickguard, new tuners, a case, strap, custom pots meant to give a more vintage sound, and in a discontinued Agave blue finish. ^^

Alright then, when you get back plz.

So I would just use the Control Panel and find a generic avatar for now. I think there is a SRV one.

Here is a place you can ask politely and get someone to make one for you if you provide a pic or an idea. I might be able to help somewhat but I'm not a photoshop expert.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=903744

And you did have 3 threads here today.
Crate V vs. Pro Junior
Pro Junior vs. SuperChamp
combo vs stack

Again, no vs. threads and combo vs stack questions are asked maybe 2 -3 time a day minimum.

Here is my suggestion (I realize you are a good person and mean no harm and are looking for an amp). PS - that Strat sounds like a good deal - get it!

Start a new thread tomorrow...........provide:

Budget
Music Style
Home or Gig use
What you have now
New or Used
Closest major city

and good luck
Kay, doing so until I get a custom one...

Alright, thanks.

Huh.

Ah.

I intend to.

Will do once I can make another topic. Once more, thanks for all the advice. ^^

Thankee.

No problem.

I think Tnfootballfan would appreciate that as he has been around here a long time and everytime I see your avatar - I think it is him, as do a lot of other UG'rs. May seem minor, but it will alleviate confusion.