hey guys, im gonna get a pod as opposed to a real amp (i had the peavey XXX in mind), mostly because of the amps weight and volume. what i want to know is the differences between the pod xt and the pod x3 (bean versions). i know that the x3 has some extra features, like more inputs, amp models and everything, but is there a significant difference in sound? im gonna be doing mostly high-gain stuff, and i want to know if the extra 100 bucks is worth it. another question, does the xt allow you to play two tones at the same time? and pan one to each side? help would be appreciated
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Oct 27, 2008,
bump
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
i'm not sure what the price difference is between the two anymore..

but essentially the X3 has all the expansion packs (like the FX junkie, metal shop etc) as well as the ability to run a mic and USB 2.0, its has everything the XT has plus more. if you figure those features are worth the price difference then definitely pick up the X3.

that being said, i have the XT and it serves me VERY well.

good luck! and try not to bump your topics within the first day of posting them

EDIT: the XT does NOT allow you to have 2 simultaneous tones like the X3 can
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Oct 27, 2008,
I have the X3 and I'm pretty happy with it. I have a Peavey 6505 and of course, the X3 doesn't mimic it, but its good enough to get by, especially when you consider the portability of the Pod. Basically, its got more stuff that I'll ever need, but it's nice to have it. There are some songs that I've recorded with it that are in my profile. By the way, LOVE the dual tone feature.
Quote by Kivarenn82
i'm not sure what the price difference is between the two anymore..

but essentially the X3 has all the expansion packs (like the FX junkie, metal shop etc) as well as the ability to run a mic and USB 2.0

so the xt doesnt have USB 2.0? cause ive heard that non-2.0 USB gives a lot of latency. has this ever been a problem with you?

also, about the dual tones, i dont know if anyone will be able to answer this, but this guy somehow panned a JCM800 on one side and a 5150 to the other on his XT. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKJ3itfvOdw i thought he might have been using dual tones, but he might have just recorded two parts, one with each model.
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Oct 27, 2008,
Yeah, I mean you can do either, if you actually have the amps you could technically just mic each separately and run them through the guitar and mic inputs, the use the Gearbox to pan them left and right, but you could also do the models and just pan them left and right.
Last edited by The Raven at Oct 28, 2008,