Hey guys. I just started playing guitar not to long ago and I was wondering what are some real easy metal songs to play. I know a good bit of Sabbath so no Sabbath please.
Some Metallica stuff - Master of Puppets, Enter Sandman
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
master of puppets can't be called beginner song
i'd say wasting love of iron maiden is super easy
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
but i love sabbath!!!! i loves them sooooo much!!!!

definitely master of puppets,
holy diver by dio

what other bands are you into?
pretty much depends on that
Banquo?

X
What's with the MOP suggestions? :S

That's seriously not a beginner song. The fast downpicking alone takes a long time to build the stamina for...
Quote by Thy Woodzy
What's with the MOP suggestions? :S

That's seriously not a beginner song. The fast downpicking alone takes a long time to build the stamina for...

But you can use alternate picking I played MOP a fair bit when I was a beginner to help me build up speed.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Metallica-
One
or
Fade to black

minus the main solo at the end
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by akm_202
Metallica-
One
or
Fade to black

minus the main solo at the end

I just recently tried the beginning of fade to black and it's simple to get a grasp of.

IMO learn "The Metal" by Tenacious D. I found this video randomly and I mean he REALLY breaks it down for you. No, it's not the whole song but it's certainly decent/basic stuff to build upon. TBH I recommend his other videos as well since they're pretty concise.

One I personally like is his Metal thrash gallup riff because it sounds cool, isn't too difficult to learn, and I think it's certainly a great thing to learn since the techniques will most likely come in handy later on, depending on how heavy you go that is...

which talking of going heavy, I think the first real riff I actually learned was Slipknot's Psychosocial since it's so simple. However it is played in dropped C so unless you have a pro tuner or know how to tune into dropped C via any method you might want to steer clear of it. The text tab shows this tuning buuuut I'm pretty sure it's dropped C...
|-----------------|--------------------|
F#|-----------------|--------------------|
D |-----------------|-x4-----------------|
A |-----------------|--------------------|
E |-6-0-0-5-0-0-5h6-|----6-5-3-0-3-5-3-2-|
A |-6-0-0-5-0-0-5h6-|----6-5-3-0-3-5-3-2-|
pm    . .   . .          . . . . . . . .
^ It's drop A.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Metal isn't Beginner. If I were to suggest anything that resembles metal, it would be metalcore. Probably something by avenge sevenfold, but even then it's still pushing it for a beginner to play.
Quote by Ze_Metal
Metal isn't Beginner. If I were to suggest anything that resembles metal, it would be metalcore. Probably something by avenge sevenfold, but even then it's still pushing it for a beginner to play.

I'm pretty new, like a month or two on guitar and the only thing I can get with A7X are like..intros, and like chorus riffs and such. Synster Gates is not something to try to imitate at this stage (lol). I know it's not metal, but I think that some hardcore is pretty easy (depending on your opinion of hardcore) but like Bury your dead, and throwdown and such. maybe?
Quote by Ze_Metal

Haha, that's the thing. At first I was having a hard time, but when I learned a few easy metal songs (I'm working on Fade to Black now, and once I can play it I'll call myself intermediate. I've got it to about 90%.) But an intermediate or even a good beginner metal guitarist can play probably 90% of all music
Death, that will build your chops up. . . . and as for Metallica, they are easy. . . . key of E metallica, they haven't been decent since the 80's. . . it's not like anybody mentioned playing something with lots of time changes or key changes or difficult rhythms.. . . it's not like a Nevermore song with an alternating 7 and 8 count of beats.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Quote by Friendly Stoat
^ It's drop A.

So let me ask a noob question

If it's drop A why does it sound right in drop C? I forget where I read that it was done in C so that's why I tried to play it like that
Quote by Ze_Metal

The most sensible post in the entire the thread.

Worry about learning to play the guitar before you obsess over a single genre.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by blgdinger
So let me ask a noob question

If it's drop A why does it sound right in drop C? I forget where I read that it was done in C so that's why I tried to play it like that

Have you tried playing it with the song? Slipknot play it in A so yours will sound 2 steps higher but if you play it on its own it will probably sound fine.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75