Alright so ive got a crate vtx 30 and im looking to get a new amp. My budget is $600 max. So far i really like the peavy valveking 112, but at only $420, im wondering if it is a good quaility amp that will last me a few years or not. Adivce is very much appreciated
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by THEKID546
what do you play?

Some metal, but not death metal or thrash, but i also want it to be versatile enough to play punk rock and even some classic rock
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by Ghold125
peavey classic 30, you can get them used from about $250-400

Hell no

did you read what he plays, just no.

I was in the same situation and I ended up just saving the extra money and getting a VK and I'm pretty happy about it.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
Quote by slashrock94
Hell no

I was in the same situation and I ended up just saving the extra money and getting a VK and I'm pretty happy about it.

What kind of valveking do you have? Im trying to decide between the 112 and the 212, but in afraid the 212 might be too loud for my house, and that the 112 might not have that good of tone
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by slashrock94
Hell no

what world do you live in where the Classic peavey cant do punk or metal, without going into full on death metal.
and VK's are cheaper, and shitier and there just crap overall, definately get a used C30 with an OD
Quote by THEKID546
what world do you live in where the Classic peavey cant do punk or metal, without going into full on death metal.
and VK's are cheaper, and shitier and there just crap overall, definately get a used C30 with an OD

Well ive heard VKs are crap and ive heard that they are pretty good. And ive also considered the classic 30, but im not sure it can do metal or not
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by msuspartan
What kind of valveking do you have? Im trying to decide between the 112 and the 212, but in afraid the 212 might be too loud for my house, and that the 112 might not have that good of tone

Neither of them are that good. Classic 30 can't really do even thrash on it's own. And it really excels in classic rock and blues so it's not really the right amp for you. The F-30 is versitile and can hit metal easily. It's discontinued though so you have to buy it used. They can be found for 600-700
^Yea but the f30 is a little small. I want one with a little more UMPH (yea that was gay) that will last me at least a year and a half
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
What the hell is that supposed to mean? The Classic 30 is 30w too. It certainly isn't quiet and it's the same size as the VK112. It will be loud and will have tons of "umph." I see no reason why it shouldn't last for a year and a half if you take car of it.