Hello. I am looking to buy a USB computer recording device for my 16 year old son for Christmas. I am looking for something that is affordable (no more than $200), easy to use, allows my son to plug his guitar in, mix tracks, and burn CDs of his work. I have been looking at a few and I think I've narrowed it down to either Sonoma Wireworks Riffworks with StealthPlug Guitar Studio Bundle (seems to be the most logical choice) or the Line 6 POD Studio UX2 with POD Farm. Please help me! If anyone has experience with either of these or any other USB recording devices in that price range, please give me advise. Thank you.

Well, first, does he want to record his amplifier? Or is that out of the question due to noise?
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
He has a Peavey 15 watt studio amp, and also an Fx processor (sorry, I can't remember the make). I don't think that the amp is a big deal. This is a surprise Christmas present for him, he's just starting to write his own music, so I'd like to get him something that he can save his ideas, mix songs together (with different amp modeling, effects, etc), save to computer, and then burn to CD.
Ah. Ok. I'd recommend him a Zoom G2.1u. It'll come with software (Cubase LE) to record and burn CDs, the sounds are great (I personally own one), and he could use the sounds live with his amp (on clean). And you'll save $30.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101