^You can remove two tubes. I'd email marshall just to be sure, but I know on most amps it's possible.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
just use a hotplate with what ever amp you think sounds best.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
This is why I asked if I should get the JTM45 instead because using the Hotplate with two tubes removed wouldn't work.

As the people at the link were saying the head has to be on half the impedance as the cab if I pull two tubes so if the cab is 16 ohm the head has to be 8 ohm. To use the attenuator it, the speakers, and the amp have to be on the same ohm setting but since I have to have the cab at 16 ohm and the head at 8 ohm I couldn't use the attenuator. I guess I'll just leave the tubes in the 1959. Don't know why they can't make a 50 watt version.
Quote by monotony777
This is why I asked if I should get the JTM45 instead because using the Hotplate with two tubes removed wouldn't work.

As the people at the link were saying the head has to be on half the impedance as the cab if I pull two tubes so if the cab is 16 ohm the head has to be 8 ohm. To use the attenuator it, the speakers, and the amp have to be on the same ohm setting but since I have to have the cab at 16 ohm and the head at 8 ohm I couldn't use the attenuator. I guess I'll just leave the tubes in the 1959. Don't know why they can't make a 50 watt version.

No, the amp will still be at 16 ohms, the selector won't but the amp will. I still suggest a weber over the hotplate for it's price, less tone sucking, and more flexibility. The webers beat the hotplates in every way.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Hotplates are shit. Look at a Weber. The JTM is less watts so it probably is a bit better for bedroom

i have a hotplate and it is not shit. have u even use one in person? or did you decide to say that because everyone here has a weber
^Well, you can't select the ohms on them (seriously, what kind of crap is that?) they don't employ a speaker motor (which is deceptively simple) and they charge over 200 dollars for a box with a few resistors in it. Attenuators are very simple devices and thd over charges you for them, ted weber does not.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^Well, you can't select the ohms on them (seriously, what kind of crap is that?) they don't employ a speaker motor (which is deceptively simple) and they charge over 200 dollars for a box with a few resistors in it. Attenuators are very simple devices and thd over charges you for them, ted weber does not.

and with weber mass you can't use it on models with 120 watt. i agree with hotplate is a hefty in price. but that doesn't mean they suck. its like saying gibson les paul or prs custom sucks because you can get a custom build one from carvin for cheaper the price.
Quote by Kevin Saale

OK, I'll get the Weber, thanks for the info.
Quote by kckyle
and with weber mass you can't use it on models with 120 watt. i agree with hotplate is a hefty in price. but that doesn't mean they suck. its like saying gibson les paul or prs custom sucks because you can get a custom build one from carvin for cheaper the price.

Yes you can, they make 200 watt models. Anyways, if you're amp is 120 watts and you want an attenuator you should probably be pulling tubes also.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Yes you can, they make 200 watt models. Anyways, if you're amp is 120 watts and you want an attenuator you should probably be pulling tubes also.

don't you need a 240 watt to handle a 120watt tube head? why would i want to be pulling out tubes
Quote by kckyle
don't you need a 240 watt to handle a 120watt tube head? why would i want to be pulling out tubes

You need 50% more power, so for a 120 watt amp you need a 180w or higher attenuator. Pull tubes so you can use a smaller cheaper attenuator and save money by burning up half as many tubes.
even at 50 watts the 1959 will be way too damn loud to get a nice natural crunch out of it.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings: