Hey guys, i've just arrived home with my new Fender USA 57' strat a few hours ago and really love it.

However one issue is that the trem is slightly raised so that it's moves up and down. Prefably I'd like it to be flat on the body so it can only be pushed downwards on the arm. How's the best way to achieve this?

It's currently got 3 springs in the back parallel to each other and it has fairly light strings on, so I guess that putting the springs into a sort of arrow formation won't fix the problem. Or will it? Or shall I put the other 2 springs into the back of it?

Last edited by philipisabeast at Oct 27, 2008,
Try adding another spring and move the steel plate the springs are attatched to back some. Play with those settings until you get it to a point that you like it.
Slipknot Fan.

Thanks, but I'm not God. If I were God, 3/4 of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer. –Axl Rose
Quote by shadowkid33
Try adding another spring and move the steel plate the springs are attatched to back some. Play with those settings until you get it to a point that you like it.

+1

Alternatively, u can take it to a local guitar shop and get them to set it up for ya. Or maybe buy this book, "Guitar Player Repair Guide" by Dan Elrewine so you can learn exactly how to do it yourself.
Just pop another spring or two in there, it's what SRV did. But he needed to do that aswell because he used strings like telegraph poles.

So yeah, just put a spring in there.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by shadowkid33

Yup. That's what I did.