Hey, my friend is selling his MG250dfx & he said he would sell it to me for 350 & i wus wundering if it would be worth it, i'm sure its in good condition.

Rite now i still have my first amp (Line 6 Spider III 30watt) i got three years ago when i started playing, when i first got it i thot it wus awesome, but gradually i noticed that it sounded crappy compared to my brothers marshall. And its time for an upgrade
& i play a schecter Omen 6... hopefully gettin new pickups soon
& i play almost every kind of rock (Slayer-rhcp)

So wut yall think? Ive seen alot of crap on this amp, but im sure its better than the one i have now
& is 350 a good price?, i haven't been amp shopping in a long time
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
No, stay away.

I wouldn't touch an MG with a 30ft pole, especially at that price, you could buy so much better.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
What's your price range, are you gigging/is this bedroom use only, what styles are you playing, can you go used?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The overdrive is crushing.

But really, no. Your spider is better.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
both amps are crud, hold on to your spider and save that $350 for now.

when you get around $500 you can get some great used stuff
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
sell the spider and take the 350 and get a good amp.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by slashrock94
The overdrive is crushing.

But really, no. Your spider is better.

Yes, it is.

But only if you drop the amp on someone.

/sad attempt at a joke

But, TS, no. Just no. We need budgetz, stylez, and whther you shall be gigging or not
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
-I mostly bedroom play, but me, my bro & a friend play a half-*** band together.
-I can survive with my spider for a while, he just said he wus getting rid of it soon & if i wanted it he needed to know soon. I thot it was an ok deal if it wus in good condition, but idk... I actually wusn't really looking for a new amp rite now but when he offered i started thinkin if i did need a new one.
-My style is kinda split I mainly play kinda rhcp cleanish & a mid-metal (slipknot-metallica...idk) distorted sound (not total metal, & not just hard rock), but i do jump into the sounds in between sometimes.
-if i start looking for a new amp, i cud probably go to 350-400 + wutever i got 4 sellin the spider. but i also want some new pickups (150+) so idk if that wud cut into that.
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
I wouldn't touch an MG with a 50ft pole. This is because the overdrive emitted from it's speakers would most likely obliterate it.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
^Yeah, I wouldn't worry about pups until you have a decent amp.
When you buy a different amp you usually want to upgrade. The Mg is not an upgrade. From a spider its a downgrade, gees hard to imagine downgrading from a spider
Believe me...I was the (not so) proud owner of a MG100 half stack until about an hour ago, and if you check out my thread on the trade I made id say I upgraded a bit but no take it from me who's owned one you will HATE IT. Keep your spider until you can score a Valveking. Or a Randall RG50 lol
Elitists and Hypocrites
Quote by stratman_13
Yes, it is.

But only if you drop the amp on someone.

/sad attempt at a joke

But, TS, no. Just no. We need budgetz, stylez, and whther you shall be gigging or not

I lol'd, if that makes you feel better.

Back on topic, stay away from MG... I didn't like 'em, my buddies don't like 'em... Marshall pretty much has a policy of "Either it's worth more than $1500, or we don't even bother."
The amp scores a 9.2 on the UG review site; with the FDD (Frequency Dependent Damping) makes it sound great (even on clean) for a solid state; it has all the imputs you need and more; 100watts is very loud (especially on the Gain channel); the FX aren't the best in the world, but with a little bit of tweaking they can sound cool; (unless it's powered with a generator) there is really no cracking in the amp; did I say the AMP IS LOUD which is awesome; it's very versitile; and if you dial in the knobs the right way (like my friend did once) it has a freekin sick hardcore tone, with a gain pedal of coarse.
I really don't understand why MG's are so hated, for a SS they are great.
I also bet if you get like two more cables, you can connect through your Spider and use those effects in that and have two amps going at the same time, don't take my word on it though, don't know much about Line 6 Spiders.
Maybe you could ask the dude if he wanted to lower the price a bit?
PEACE
My Music-
http://www.myspace.com/cam3r0nb
Gear
- '09 Orange Rocker 30
- Orange 1x12 cab and Crate 4x12 cab
- '04 Epiphone Les Paul Custom (White/Gold)
- Line 6 POD XT Live linked to a BBE Sonic Stomp
- Ibanez V70CE (Black)
Quote by Sk8erboi5229
The amp scores a 9.2 on the UG review site; with the FDD (Frequency Dependent Damping) makes it sound great (even on clean) for a solid state; it has all the imputs you need and more; 100watts is very loud (especially on the Gain channel); the FX aren't the best in the world, but with a little bit of tweaking they can sound cool; (unless it's powered with a generator) there is really no cracking in the amp; did I say the AMP IS LOUD which is awesome; it's very versitile; and if you dial in the knobs the right way (like my friend did once) it has a freekin sick hardcore tone, with a gain pedal of coarse.
I also bet if you get like two more cables, you can connect through your Spider and use those effects in that and have two amps going at the same time, don't take my word on it though, don't know much about Line 6 Spiders.
PEACE
Marshall MG's are terrible, trust me I have one.
Quote by Sk8erboi5229
PEACE

You fail, please go home. Reviews don't mean crap when silly noobs are giving them. MGs sound terrible and the FDD is a just an acronym. Bad tone aside, they are horribly unreliable and much better can be gotten for the same price, especially the bigger versions.
Quote by Kevin Saale
You fail, please go home. Reviews don't mean crap when silly noobs are giving them. MGs sound terrible and the FDD is a just an acronym. Bad tone aside, they are horribly unreliable and much better can be gotten for the same price, especially the bigger versions.

You just say it's for noobs cause you probably haven't used it... the right way. For the price, the used price, it has great tone, plus being a 100watt. I do agree that the new amp price is wayyyyyyyy over priced; they are definitely milking the whole "MARSHALL" crap.
Ok and the whole unreliable thing is BULLCRAP! That truly shows that you know nothing about the MG's. I've had the amp for almost half a year and the thing has never failed me at any time.
You fail horrible. Sorry bro.
My Music-
Gear
- '09 Orange Rocker 30
- Ibanez V70CE (Black)
Quote by Sk8erboi5229
You just say it's for noobs cause you probably haven't used it... the right way. For the price, the used price, it has great tone, plus being a 100watt. I do agree that the new amp price is wayyyyyyyy over priced; they are definitely milking the whole "MARSHALL" crap.
Ok and the whole unreliable thing is BULLCRAP! That truly shows that you know nothing about the MG's. I've had the amp for almost half a year and the thing has never failed me at any time.

Sorry, but I know MANY people who use MGs, have used many myself and recorded many as well. Everytime I hear an MG, I feel like my ears are being raped.

They are horrible amps.

Oh and this thread has been reported before this becomes a huge flame war like it always does.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Sk8erboi5229

First off, wrong, I've played these amps, even in my noob days, and I still didn't like them. Second, explain why people are always posting threads about their broken MGs? Maybe it's because they're unreliable. You thinking that MGs are reliable shows you know nothing. I guess used you're getter not as bad of a deal, but I still know for the same money you could get something better, or for that small of an amount I would just hang on and save since really nothing is good at that range.

Edit: Sorry mods, I broke the 2 minute rule, but I started typing before MC reported, so please forgive me?

Edit 2: People, posting in reported threads is against the rules, I don't wanna see anyone warned/banned, so take it to the profiles/pms.
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Oct 30, 2008,
Ha yeah the last time I talked about it, it got denied.
I'm starting to think that my MG is magical or something, or maybe the 100 watt MG's are better than the others, it sounds great for a SS to me, and im definitely not a noob at guitar.
Whatever floats your boat though.
My Music-
Gear
- '09 Orange Rocker 30
- Ibanez V70CE (Black)
Quote by Kevin Saale
First off, wrong, I've played these amps, even in my noob days, and I still didn't like them. Second, explain why people are always posting threads about their broken MGs? Maybe it's because they're unreliable. You thinking that MGs are reliable shows you know nothing. I guess used you're getter not as bad of a deal, but I still know for the same money you could get something better, or for that small of an amount I would just hang on and save since really nothing is good at that range.

Even if you do buy the used amp you can always turn around and sell it for pretty much the same price, so it's not a total loss like me. I payed $500 for it and I'm probably going to resort to selling it for $315 or $300.
Whatcha got to lose?
My Marshall has been very reliable to ME, personally. Plus it still has the 3 Year Warranty with Marshall.
Sorry about flaming up on ya man, by the way.
My Music-
Gear
- '09 Orange Rocker 30
- Ibanez V70CE (Black)
Quote by Sk8erboi5229
Ha yeah the last time I talked about it, it got denied.
I'm starting to think that my MG is magical or something, or maybe the 100 watt MG's are better than the others, it sounds great for a SS to me, and im definitely not a noob at guitar.
Whatever floats your boat though.

ALL the MG series sound like poo. Played them all, hated them all.

For my first show ever I played a Gibson les paul through the 100watt stack, cried alittle, sounded so shitty.

There's another ska band around here and the guitarist plays the mg250dfx, sound like poo, he has nothing but trouble with it. Makes you wanna cry as well.

They're bad. At everything.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Sk8erboi5229
I also bet if you get like two more cables, you can connect through your Spider and use those effects in that and have two amps going at the same time

Mmmmm that's gonna sound nice

Sk8erboi5229 as much as your input is good, you're gonna find most people on here have at some stage owned an MG and do know what they sound like and I think it's fair to say that some of them know how to dime in an amp too. You like it so fair enough, but the majority don't and with good reason afaik. That rating of 9.2 is going to be from a lot of beginners, they're cheap amps and beginners buy them cause they say "Marshall". I have owned an MG, I needed something while I was paying off the JCM and personally I wouldn't wish it on anyway, not saying I'm right and you're wrong at all just how I feel about them.

Good on you for speaking up on it though, just don't be upset if others disagree with you that's all.
I've played the 30 watt and the 100 watt version. Both sounded so bad, I couldn't believe. Stay away from these "amps".
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Stay away from the MG is my advice, used to own one a long time ago and the cleans are alright and the overdrive is pretty much horrible, go for a cube or vypr or something if you want to practice with it, maybe a valvetronix too
The MG series are not even Marshall amps. They are produced by some no-name amp company, Marshall simply sticks their name on them and sells them as their entry level amp.

I'm trying to recall the name of the company that actually builds them but can't. It's something like...Lake...or Park...I just don't remember.

You'd get the same quality buying an amp with gold trim that says "bob's music store" on the front.
Quote by GitfiddleNinjer
I'm trying to recall the name of the company that actually builds them but can't. It's something like...Lake...or Park...I just don't remember.

Yeah it's Park, I think Marshall actually bought them out cause they used have stamped "A Division of Marshall Amps" but who knows, when it comes to the Marshall name these days they have no shame. They're definately not worthy of the white badge that's for sure.
Quote by Clutch32192
Hey, my friend is selling his MG250dfx & he said he would sell it to me for 350 & i wus wundering if it would be worth it, i'm sure its in good condition.

Rite now i still have my first amp (Line 6 Spider III 30watt) i got three years ago when i started playing, when i first got it i thot it wus awesome, but gradually i noticed that it sounded crappy compared to my brothers marshall. And its time for an upgrade
& i play a schecter Omen 6... hopefully gettin new pickups soon
& i play almost every kind of rock (Slayer-rhcp)

So wut yall think? Ive seen alot of crap on this amp, but im sure its better than the one i have now
& is 350 a good price?, i haven't been amp shopping in a long time

I don't reccommend it. A 50 watt MG is not needed. Not just because of its sterile, terrible tone, but because of the fact that for the price of it you can get much better. For 350 you could get something like a Vox Ad15/30VT which would much better suit your styles rather than the MG as the valvetronix has versatility in the different range of amp models and effects it gives you.
An MG is like a castrated guy:

A castrated guy looks like a guy talks like a guy sound like a guy, but is "****ing" useless.

A MG look like a marshall, sound like a marshall eq wise, but it has no balls it's like u record a marshall playing tru ur computerspeaker, and play it through an old transistor radio.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??