I'm thinking about looking into the Egnater Rebel 20w head/1x12 cabinet as my breakthrough into tubes. This is mainly due to the variable wattage and the combination of 6V6 and EL84 tubes, and the ability to use both types at once, or to separate off each pair. I have yet to play with one, and I wouldnt make any final decisions until I do (duh, obviously).

edit: the " stack "

My one real question is concerning the 1x12 extension that matches the head. I have seen pictures (from Egnater) showing a "full stack" of two of the 1x12 extensions in combination with one head, and this is where my confusion starts. The Rebel only has a single ouput for 16 ohms, 8 ohms, and 4 ohms, while the extension cab has two inputs, with an impedance of 16 ohms.

So, how is using two of the extensions possible? Is there the use of a splitter needed to go to the two cabs? Thats all I could think of, with only one output from the head. Or is one of the inputs on the 1x12 cab also an output (even though this isnt indicated) Also, you wouldnt want to run a line from the 8 ohm output on the head to the 16 ohm input on the second cab, because that is mismatched, and also very bad to do so (at least from what I've always been told)

tl;dr when there is only one 16 ohm output on a head, how do you use two 16 ohm cabs?
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Oct 27, 2008,
You'd use a y splitter to connect them both, you'd run the amp at 8 ohm since two 16ohm cabs create an 8 ohm load.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^ I only know because I had to ask a similar question.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not