anyone know any songs that a total newbe could look at and play. im at least decent any songs that sound cool of really mellow would be great.
depends what your into
try clapton his songs sound great on acoustic
or for more upbeat try bon jovi
dont push yourself to fast
Smoke on the water? lol. If your completely new at guitar I would start learning some chords first.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Well, which are you, a "total newbe" or "at least decent"? You say both in your original post.

If you are jsut starting out, try "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" just the chords for now.
If you are a little farther ahead, try "Banana Pancakes" by Jack Johnson

Give a few songs you can play so that we know your skill level and can tell you more songs for you to try
Anything by Necrophagist is good...
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
well ive been playing for about 3 months so i know the very basics and im looking for stuff i can play that will help with the transition to more advance stuff
+1 to Jack Johnson. Those are the epitome of campfire songs. Also try:

Staind - It's Been Awhile
Stone Sour - Through The Glass
The White Stripes - Hardest Button To Button
The Rolling Stones - Angie

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
+2 for jack johnson

plush (acoustic version) by stone temple pilots is a good one
layla by eric clapton
wonderwall by oasis is great to get strumming patterns down
sweet home alabama sounds great acoustic not to difficult either but might give you a challenge as a beginner
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Greenday - time of your life, its quite a nice song to learn for a beginner. Jason Mraz- i'm yours
Linkin park - numb, those are songs that can be easily played with just open chords if you have a capo.
saosin- seven years acoustic...
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.