Hi, I was thinking of buying a Wah Wah Pedal so I looked at the websites of a few shops in my area and the one I found with the best review was the VOX V847-A.

I went on a website and looked at the review of the VOX V847-A and on the same site I looked at a review of the VOX V847 (without the A on the end)

is there a difference between the VOX V847-A and the VOX V847 ? If so what is it?

also could anyone give me their general opinion about it?

also I'm going to buy a wah pedal tomorrow, which of the following is better:

Dunlop Crybaby

Vox V847-A?
Last edited by thedefrockednun at Oct 27, 2008,
The A is the newer version with SMDs, doesnt allow for any modding, and it had an adaptor jack, from what ive heard the regular V847 sounds better, i have the a, it does the job fine, but its a bit weak and i wish i had of gone for the V847 so it would actually be possible to mod to make the thing do what i want.
You really can't mod the 87A?

Dumb question, but why can't you?

And the V87A is a pretty good wah. Like Becky said, it can be a tad weak, but hey. It works.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
A lot of the components are SMD, mainly the resistors. They're very small and quite a pain to work with. Some things can be changed, some of the caps, the inductor, the transistors and the pot. However you're very limited to what you can do without being able to swap the resistors.
what exactly do you mean by mod? I'm probably going to get the V847A because they haven't got the others in the shop, the only thing in the same price range is the cry baby which I think isn't as good as the vox (atleast not the one they have)
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
A lot of the components are SMD, mainly the resistors. They're very small and quite a pain to work with. Some things can be changed, some of the caps, the inductor, the transistors and the pot. However you're very limited to what you can do without being able to swap the resistors.

Oh oh oh oh. I got confused about what you guys meant by SMD.

So I could change the inductor to a Fasel? Or is that a no no?

lol sorry for the small thread steal ts

And yeah, IMO you'd be much better off with the Vox than the Crybaby. The crybaby has a really annoying sweep to me.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
no roblem, I went on youtube and Ive decided to buy the Vox V847-A, seems perfect for my playing styles as my first ever wah pedal.
Quote by stratman_13
Oh oh oh oh. I got confused about what you guys meant by SMD.

So I could change the inductor to a Fasel? Or is that a no no?

lol sorry for the small thread steal ts

And yeah, IMO you'd be much better off with the Vox than the Crybaby. The crybaby has a really annoying sweep to me.

Sure you could add a Fasel, but it's waste in my opinion still not being able to change the resistors. The capactiors are still swappable in there, could tweak the sweep cap if you wanted.