I don't know if this thread will be successful or not but here it goes.

So I know I'm not alone when I say I love going to concerts. But sometimes it can be difficult to find bands that will be playing in your area soon, especially when you listen to hundreds of different bands. This is a particularly difficult task considering metal is generally far from mainstream so tickets commonly aren't available on big browsing sites like Ticketmaster, sometimes they aren't available online at all.

So here's the deal. Basically, just post a band that is currently on tour or about to go on tour, no matter how obscure, and where they are touring so people like me may be more successful in finding good concerts to go to.

I'll start with a couple:

In Flames w/ Gojira - U.S.
Soilwork w/ Warbringer and Darkane - U.S.

I know my contributions stray from the topic a bit as they are pretty well-know and easily accessible, but you get the idea. Forgive me if bands like Defeated Sanity and such don't tour the globe a lot.
Who do you Think you are? To tell me What to Be?
I read your sig
Helloween are finishing with Gamma Ray in the US
Nightwish and Sonata are in the US im pretty sure
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by Stoner0405
I don't know if this thread will be successful or not but here it goes.

So I know I'm not alone when I say I love going to concerts. But sometimes it can be difficult to find bands that will be playing in your area soon, especially when you listen to hundreds of different bands. This is a particularly difficult task considering metal is generally far from mainstream so tickets commonly aren't available on big browsing sites like Ticketmaster, sometimes they aren't available online at all.

So here's the deal. Basically, just post a band that is currently on tour or about to go on tour, no matter how obscure, and where they are touring so people like me may be more successful in finding good concerts to go to.

I'll start with a couple:

In Flames w/ Gojira - U.S.
Soilwork w/ Warbringer and Darkane - U.S.

I know my contributions stray from the topic a bit as they are pretty well-know and easily accessible, but you get the idea. Forgive me if bands like Defeated Sanity and such don't tour the globe a lot.

shouldn't this make it significantly MORE likely that one of them will play in your area soon?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Not the way I listen to music
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by The Evil Hat
shouldn't this make it significantly MORE likely that one of them will play in your area soon?

Yes but it can be quite a hassle when you have to go to each band's myspace/website/whatever to look up tour dates to see what's what. And you never know if any of those bands might announce a tour next week or something. I don't know, I thought it might be helpful.

And to add, Opeth is obviously touring the U.S. And so is The Faceless with Abigail Williams and some others. All Shall Perish with Hate Eternal and JFAC (ugh).
Last edited by Stoner0405 at Oct 27, 2008,
Quote by Stoner0405
Yes but it can be quite a hassle when you have to go to each band's myspace/website/whatever to look up tour dates to see what's what. And you never know if any of those bands might announce a tour next week or something. I don't know, I thought it might be helpful.

And to add, Opeth is obviously touring the U.S.

Have you tried looking at your local venues websites to check the upcoming gigs?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.