96 48%
not so important
60 30%
barbara streisand
43 22%
Voters: 199.
Page 1 of 2
What importance is money of to you?

I just moved out of my parents house and have been having money problems ever since, had to sell amp and guitar. Im broke, and jobless (doing an unpaid internship that I need for uni). My mom just lost her job, so money is pretty tight, and Ive realised how important money is in our everyday lives.

but maybe im wrong? maybe money really isnt important. what do you think?

EDIT: i was told i would get government support, as it is an internship needed for uni. they changed their minds after i moved, so i cant move back, and am struggeling to do the internship, earn money, and finish my portfolio all at the same time.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Oct 27, 2008,
The concept of money is extremely important to me, and so is having actual money. But i'm a student, so don't get much of a chance to make it right now.
A is A

Quote by CrackAddict2000
I find it quite astonishing how you managed to post this if the site is just a man with a beard.
Barbara Streisand.
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
Money is nothing. Living happily is all that matters and money doesnt have to do it for you.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Money isn't very important to me. It is only a means to get things that are important to me. Might explain why I barely ever have any of it actually...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Not so much at the moment.
I just accept I have none, so I don't go out much, it's not fair to keep asking my parents for money.

I've been trying to get a job for a while now, but noone is employing.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Unfortunately it's very important.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Judging by the way that you need money to eat, have a place to sleep, electricity, water, gas, health, and practically everything, I'd say that it's quite important.

Most of those clicking "not important" obviously didn't go through hard times.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by daniel.mycoe
Why move out if you can't support yourself?

because I needed the internship to study what i want to, i was told that i would get a student grant to help support myself before i moved, but then after i moved they changed their minds and denied ever having said that i would get one.
Money is super duper awesome. I <3 capitalism. Screw all you hippies.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by CoreysMonster
because I needed the internship to study what i want to, i was told that i would get a student grant to help support myself before i moved, but then after i moved they changed their minds and denied ever having said that i would get one.

Kill them.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
*Points to Signature.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
"Money, so it is said is the root of all evil today. Money, it's a gas."

Any1 else think this guy had a point? Money is simply money. It ain't evil, but doin things like cheatin to get it is evil. Besides, how the hell would I be able to visit UG if my parents didn't have money.
Life is debt get used to it.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Unfortunately it's very important.

This. As long as you remember that money is a means to an end and not an end in itself everything's allright though.

Sorry to hear about your luck Corey. You went for bafög, right? I don't get any myself, but some friends from Uni pointed out that it's a hella complicated system.
I'm young and moderately successful (24, making approx. 65k/yr.) and it seems to me that although money is important, its not the beginning and end of everything. 2 years ago I was sleeping on a bench in Wilson Park, so this "no ones employing" bullshit is retarded. I don't have a degree either, so if your whining about school being expensive, get real.

Still, it seems like the more money I make the more tragedy I encounter. Broke life may be harsh, but at least its simple. Money complicates everything.

My best advice to you bro is to tough it out, and get a part timer at Mickey D's. Yeah its embarrassing, but thats nothing compared to watching your family fall apart over money issues. Besides, if your any kind of a son you would bear through it for your mother.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Money is important to me. I tend to waste it at food at college or on cigarettes, so then I can't go out when I want to. I need to stop it really. Until I get a job, anyway.
Quote by TheQuailman
This. As long as you remember that money is a means to an end and not an end in itself everything's allright though.

Sorry to hear about your luck Corey. You went for bafög, right? I don't get any myself, but some friends from Uni pointed out that it's a hella complicated system.

yeah, the internship is for the HFF in potsdam, and they require 3 months work experience before you can even apply. bafög berlin told me it wouldnt be a problem, so i moved, and sent my application. they then sent it to bafög in potsdam, where they told me no, because it didnt say in the Studienordnung that it had to be an internship, i could have also gotten a job at an animation studio

uh huh. Im sure everyone who applies there had a job at an animation studio
damn I hate those idiots. Im applying for Arbeitslosengeld II now, I hope that works out alright.
Quote by TheQuailman

It's becoming increasingly difficult to acquire money. Bah.

But yeah.... money buys me things that make me happy..... but it also has to buy me food and electricity and housing and.... gah >__<
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Very very important.
It makes the world go round unfortunately, and you can't really live without it.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by gizmodious
I'm young and moderately successful (24, making approx. 65k/yr.) and it seems to me that although money is important, its not the beginning and end of everything. 2 years ago I was sleeping on a bench in Wilson Park, so this "no ones employing" bullshit is retarded. I don't have a degree either, so if your whining about school being expensive, get real.

Still, it seems like the more money I make the more tragedy I encounter. Broke life may be harsh, but at least its simple. Money complicates everything.

My best advice to you bro is to tough it out, and get a part timer at Mickey D's. Yeah its embarrassing, but thats nothing compared to watching your family fall apart over money issues. Besides, if your any kind of a son you would bear through it for your mother.

Ive been living off of 10 euros a week for the past 2 months to make it easier for my mom. My internship has been very tiring, though. 55+ hour week. I quit halfway through because I couldnt take it anymore and am now starting another one with more humane hours to finish the required 3 months or work experience and still be able to work on the side.
Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah, the internship is for the HFF in potsdam, and they require 3 months work experience before you can even apply. bafög berlin told me it wouldnt be a problem, so i moved, and sent my application. they then sent it to bafög in potsdam, where they told me no, because it didnt say in the Studienordnung that it had to be an internship, i could have also gotten a job at an animation studio

uh huh. Im sure everyone who applies there had a job at an animation studio
damn I hate those idiots. Im applying for Arbeitslosengeld II now, I hope that works out alright.

Gah, I'm not surprised the guys in Berlin don't know how this is being handled in Brandenburg, it's always the same with the bureaucrats, you have to take care of every detail yourself.
AL II should be no problem though, seeing as you're stripped for cash. I heard the Forms for it are pretty complicated though. Someone told me you even have to tell them how big the heating in your place is?
Last edited by TheQuailman at Oct 27, 2008,
Quote by TheQuailman

Gah, I'm not surprised the guys in Berlin don't know how this is being handled in Brandenburg, it's always the same with the bureaucrats, you have to take care of every detail yourself.
AL II should be no problem though, seeing as your stripped for cash. I heard the Forms for it are pretty complicated though. Someone told me you even have to tell them how big the heating in your place is?

how big the heating is? what do you mean?

but they wanted my bank statements from the past 3 months. I had to have all of them ordered from the Sparkasse.
and the forms arent that bad, took about an hour to fill out. but its a hassle getting everything together and going to the arbeitsamt and standing in line forever between the winos and turks (Im not a racist, but seriously 50% of the people there are turks)

man I cant wait untill this internship is over. why in the world do they want people to do an internship before they even apply? cant they ask for people to do one once theyre accepted, at least?
its total crap, i tell ya.

EDIT: by the way, it IS rather nice having a german to talk to on these bords

prost, quailman!
If it is part of the government, it suck's, in my experience.
Money is as important as you make it. I spend tons of it, but i don't need it. But then, i'm very blessed with a family that is not struggling financially and supports me at College. It is of course important when you need food, or a place to live, or anything else we need. But, as has been stated before, it's not important within itself.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Money is, pretty much, the most important thing to me. I can't do anything without it.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Tom_hatton
Money is important to me. I tend to waste it on food at college or on cigarettes, so then I can't go out when I want to. I need to stop it really. Until I get a job, anyway.

yeah, food? who needs that? You should give that up to pay for your extravagant nights out.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
its not that important as i dont go out. but i realised a few weeks ago when i went shopping with mates a few weeks ago.. i need a job. but i cba :s and dont have the drive to get one.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Eh, money's money. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the stuff. It lets me get me to the places a want to go, do the things I want to do, eat the things I want to eat, and occasionally even play with the toys I want to play with. However, it really doesn't mean all that much to me, seeing as I'm in the unusual position of being a financially independent college student who really doesn't have to think too much about it. The scholarship covers all academics, my meal plan, housing, and I even get a stipend every semester to pay for books and gas and whatnot. I got by on that alone last year, and this year I've got a part-time job on top of that.

Hell, unless I start failing classes or some shit like that, I should be accumulating wealth for the next two years or so. That way, I'll have a nice cushion to fall back on temporarily once I graduate and the real world starts kicking my ass.

Sure, once that happens and I become a hobo, I'll wish that I had been more frugal with my money, but for now, trips to Canada, booze, skiing and hookers all seem like a pretty good investments.

Except without the hookers.
There will probably be a signature here at some point.
Quote by CoreysMonster
how big the heating is? what do you mean?

I think it was along the lines of 'Das Volumen von Heizung und Wasserboiler' or something?.
It was really weird, thank god if they got rid of that stuff. The AL II's forms were full of such nonsense in it's first year.

Quote by CoreysMonster
but they wanted my bank statements from the past 3 months. I had to have all of them ordered from the Sparkasse.
and the forms arent that bad, took about an hour to fill out. but its a hassle getting everything together and going to the arbeitsamt and standing in line forever between the winos and turks (Im not a racist, but seriously 50% of the people there are turks)

man I cant wait untill this internship is over. why in the world do they want people to do an internship before they even apply? cant they ask for people to do one once theyre accepted, at least?
its total crap, i tell ya.

EDIT: by the way, it IS rather nice having a german to talk to on these bords

prost, quailman!

*shush* for they will find out we're taking over this place!

About the internship thing: It varies from place to place. I did 16 weeks before going to uni only to find out I could've done that somewhere down the road. Problem is that every uni or Fachhochschule has it's own set of rules about that.
Meh, don't worry too much. Once you get the AL II you'll be fine. But leaving enough cash for school literature will be tough I guess ( I don't know about you, but I've got a list of books worth 200€ that have to be bought and payed - gonna go for some used ones to cut costs). But at least you won't have to worry about paying for rent and food.

I'm off to sleep now, see ya.
Anyone who is saying money isn't important is not realizing how the world around us works.

You need money for far more important necessities than "going out, buying cigs lulz!", things that allow you to live the life that you're living. Everything costs money. Everyone needs money. Not all kids seem to realize this before they have to pay and work for their own living.

/rant
Quote by untalented
yeah, food? who needs that? You should give that up to pay for your extravagant nights out.

It is a waste because I can make food at home and bring it in to college.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Anyone who is saying money isn't important is not realizing how the world around us works.

You need money for far more important necessities than "going out, buying cigs lulz!", things that allow you to live the life that you're living. Everything costs money. Everyone needs money. Not all kids seem to realize this before they have to pay and work for their own living.

/rant

true. i bought soap the other day, and it really hit me. damn, i need to pay money for soap! it sounds retarded, but i never thought about it before. dish soap, soap for the bathroom, the laundry etc.

in a way, this whole experience is teaching me valuable lessons about life. so i guess thats good, in a way, but it still sucks.
Quote by SmarterChild
I'm a uni student. 'Nuff said.

+1

I didn't really realize how important it was when I still lived with my parents, now it's looking quite different...
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Page 1 of 2