Ok so my friend just got a brand new guitar and he wants to play metal, He has $500 and he isent willing to save anylonger. Now I know he is a beginner and prolly only needs a small SS amp but he is a quiter and he will get very discouraged if he has a bunch of gear that he doesent like. I know its stupid but this is his situation not mine so w/e. But anyways he needs a nice tube amp that will do distortion. By the way I seriously dought that he will buy used so that not an option either. I thought of him maybe getting like a crate v50 for like $200 and then investing in a good distortion pedal. I know its not great but eatleast it has tubes and a decent clean which he wont use so as long as he has it on clean and then uses a nice Metal Dist. pedal it should be ok for him.

If its relivant he has a schector omen i think it was like $300
He would prolly be playing like the devil wears prada and bring me the horizon and disfiguring the goddes and stop like that.
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Used 5150.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Ok.... those are all nice amp however I believe I mentioned that he wont buy used.
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
I picked up a line 6 SPIDER III, and it sounds great for metal. Rattles the damn walls!!! it was only 299 + tax too. Not the best qual, but damn that things loud and crunchy!
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
arent you not supposed to put a distortion pedal in a SS amp? ud think it would sound like trying to pull a thousand forks out of a gutter or something

edit: SPIDERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!
why do people enjoy that digital sound so much?
same thing with the valveking.. its so bad!!
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Last edited by itsxsteves at Oct 27, 2008,
Quote by Brian8878682
By the way I seriously dought that he will buy used so that not an option either.

Uhm, is the $500 strechable to lets say...$550?
why wont he buy used new cheap shit, or used good quality gear for the same price its your call. and if he insist on not buying used then hes an idiot.
but,
if your friend just plays metal id say tell him to look into a flextone or a Bugera 6262.
tell him to go get himself a nice vox valvetronix
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by itsxsteves
arent you not supposed to put a distortion pedal in a SS amp? ud think it would sound like trying to pull a thousand forks out of a gutter or something

edit: SPIDERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!
why do people enjoy that digital sound so much?
same thing with the valveking.. its so bad!!

you don't need a pedal for spider. it has its own pod like hardware pre installed. its like trying to put a pedal in front of the pod infront of the amp. which as we all know. won't work
$500 will get you a Bugera 6260 and that's all the metal amp he'll need. Go look through the Bugera Users Militia thread for details.