Alright, basically, the Crate is the better amp if their both the same quality(2 x 12 speakers vs. 1 x 10 speaker, 18 watts vs. 15 watts), and it's cheaper, but I've heard awful things about the Crate V series, so I wanted to make sure that it isn't idiocy to buy one instead of an amp from a more reputable company like Fender.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Isn't avatar-stealing against the rules or at least frowned upon?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
from what i hear both amps are not to good when it comes to reliability.
personally id buy something that is used but of higher qualiry for the same price as what your ganna buy new.
what area not in England do you live.
Try one. See what you think but the Crate V series hasn't gotten a bad rap from what I have heard. Do you need gain or do you just play clean? Try a new avatar too.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
id say go for the Fender Pro and get and an EQ pedal.
if you think you need a bit more gain get a badmonkey.
personally for that kind of money just look for a used Ampeg revebarocket.
I played one at a local shop earlier today and there just plain TITS.
you can get one for 400-500 used.
@MrCarrot; Continued via PM as to stay on-topic.

@THEKID's first post; I suppose. Only problem is I can't find a bloody job, so my budget is rather limited. >< As for the area, mid-east coast USA.

@Gregs; I could use gain, but I have a distortion and an overdrive pedal, so those are my intended source of distorted tones, so really I'm looking for a good clean channel that can handle some externally added distortion. And why do I need to change the avvie, out of curiosity?

@THEKID's second post; Kay, I suppose I'll see what I can find used then.

Used blues jr, they can be found for 250 to 300 dollars.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by necrosis1193

@Gregs; I could use gain, but I have a distortion and an overdrive pedal, so those are my intended source of distorted tones, so really I'm looking for a good clean channel that can handle some externally added distortion. And why do I need to change the avvie, out of curiosity?

A sage UGer has that avatar, so it's kinda weird you having the same one. With the band dealeo's it's common, but it's just kinda weird seeing it. Be original.

If you have an eq and a od pedal the pro jr may work for you. If that is the direction you are going then the Blues Jr would be a better option, 12" speaker as opposed to 10", reverb, eq...
Hmm...alright, I suppose once I get pics of the guitar I should be getting in a week or two I'll make sure to update it. That good?

No EQ, though I do have an OD. At any rate though, I'll probably just take Kevin Saale's advice and get a used Blues Junior for the extra two inches speaker-wise and the onboard EQ.

Kevin is right, I agree with him. They go for $300 ish in the US. If you are in the US check craigslist. If you are in Europe, that Laney LC15 is a better value.

That's fine on the avatar, it's just weird seeing what is supposed to be someone else I guess. I picked Warren Wallace for mine just because I'm a race fan too. But there are plenty of good srv images out there.
i dont like the pro jr. it's got no features at all. used blues jrs are $300. totally worth checking out used in that case.

and yeah, your avatar needs to be changed. what ends up happening, in cases like these is that the mods end up picking one for you, if you dont. and it'll be mandy moore.

edit:
sorry kevin i didnt even see this.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Used blues jr, they can be found for 250 to 300 dollars.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 27, 2008,
Actually, if you're into SRV, the Pro Jr could be a great choice. Between a decent OD pedal, your pickup selector and the tone knobs, you can pretty much get whatever you need out of the Pro Jr, and it's cheaper than the Blues Jr. I got mine used for $80 US, but you'll probably be looking at quite a bit more anywhere overseas.