I have a first about 7 months ago and was hooked in guitar. I didnt want to get anything super expensive right away cuz i wanted to see if it would interest me as much as i thought it would... now im interested i play at least two hours a day most of the time more... im just looking to find a nice guitar for a not too high price... Im pretty set on and epiphone les paul but id liek some feedback
Anything from OLP, they play amazing for the price.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Iv been playing for 10 years and have had a epiphone les paul for 3 of that and it has not let me down so far. it is really good. i would 100% recommend. Plays good and sounds good. The finish has stayed nice over that time and the only problem i have at the moment is the 3rd string going out of tune after hard pinch harmonics but thats happened recently. As i said, great guitar and i would thoroughly recommend!!!
Try the guitars, you'll only see which one is better for YOU if you try em out.
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Quote by KennethJay
Try the guitars, you'll only see which one is better for YOU if you try em out.

while that is recommended for someone who has had quite a bit of experience, i dont know if 7 months is enough. it took me more than a year to get a "feel" for guitars. For the first year, it feels awkward and unnatural.. you dont really develop a taste for guitars, like action, weight, fret spacing, tremolo or fixed, etc etc.

so its wise to recommend him a guitar that we all know is good and that he will eventually appreciate more.

epi les paul is a good choice
Epiphone makes the best solid low budget guitar around there just pure bliss for 300$.
all you really need down the road is a pickup swap.
dont get a speacial, I REAPEAT DONT GET A SPEACIAL BUY A STANDARD AT LEAST.
Or try to get a used custom Epi les paul rather than the standard.
Quote by lkreg
I have a first about 7 months ago and was hooked in guitar. I didnt want to get anything super expensive right away cuz i wanted to see if it would interest me as much as i thought it would... now im interested i play at least two hours a day most of the time more... im just looking to find a nice guitar for a not too high price... Im pretty set on and epiphone les paul but id liek some feedback

what type of music do you play?

LPs can be a little on the heavy side.
also, expect a wider neck.

epis are pretty good in general, sometimes you might find a broken pickup switch after heavy use. that's an easy enough $10 switch.

their pickups are ok, usually end up getting switched out, but before considering anything like that. make sure you have a good amp.

your tone comes from your amp, so if you dont have one, you'll want to spend at least as much on the amp as the guitar.

*wow kenneth, great post. you can pretty much put that at the bottom of every post in this and eg section. /sarcasm

and ^ for $300 you'll end up wt a studio. not exactly pure bliss, or a standard.
also agile, squier, schecter, and like 5 other companies make good guitars in the $300 range.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i play alot of metallica but i also do alot of improv... so id say mostly metal but i play some other stuff...
Jackson has a few budget guitars in that range.

Agiles are good too.

I think Ibby has a few decent guitars for around $300 or so, just would have to look around.

Honestly, scan Craigslist and Rondo, see if you can find anything that seems a steal.
dont get an epiphone get a vintage les paul, they are MINT.
They play like 10 times nicer than the epi's do.
and there like alot cheaper.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination