Hey everybody...here is my newest :I When I got home I started writing this, and I didnt go to sleep until i finished this So here it is, totally complete. Tell your opinion, and I'll give mine for your song.
Attachments:
awaken.zip
I really like it m8! Especially the accoustisc intro-part! Really good
Cheers
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
The acoustic intro got a bit boring.
But with vocals it might be better.
Influenced by Gunslinger with the acoustic intro?

The acoustic chorus was nice.

The 'band' comes in to suddenly I think. Maybe a drum fill to bring them in or something
The lead was generic though, but it works.

I'm not sure what I think about the verse riff.
It works, but it gets boring and feels as if more energy should be there.

The lead at 51 was very cool.

The prechorus sounded a bit too busy for my liking.
Maybe just altering the big arpeggio type thing there would fix that.

The chorus was cool.

The bridge riff reminded me a bit of that bit in Brompton Cocktail.
But the bit at 71 broke that up.

The solo was pretty cool, some nice ideas in there.
The harmonizing an octave lower is getting really boring now.

The interlude was alright, the drums made it alot better to listen to for me. Not sure why.

The outro was pretty tight, nothing wrong there.

Overall, 8/10.

I haven't got any full songs up at the moment so don't bother returning the favour.
I have a small DNB piece if you want but I'm not really too fussed if you look at that or not.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Acoustic intro was cool, as was verse 1 and the chorus, but it did become a little boring. It was far better when the distortion came in IMO. Sounds like a metal ballad, I like it. The chorus starting at bar 61 was awesome, and there was some cool guitar and drum work in the bridge as well. Sounds like a good headbanging part The solo was awesome, nice harmonisation. Awesome work, 8/10.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
I have to say, I put the acoustic intro on mute after a few bars, I just didn't like it.

After that though, the song took off for me and I liked your lead parts even though some of them seem pretty tough to play. The bridge was pretty head bangin' and I liked the solo as well.

When the acoustic guitar comes back, I again don't care for it very much. I think your strums just sound strange.

Overall I'm really feeling the song as a whole but I don't like those acoustic parts very much.

8/10, sounds like some of the old stuff I used to write. =)