hey guys, I just bought a new computer a couple of weeks ago. It's a windows vista home premium, and it came with a Nvidia GeForce 7100 graphics card and I was wondering if this graphics card was good enough to run games like call of duty 4 modern warfare and other recently new games, or should I just save my money, and buy a better graphics card? Sorry, but I'm a total noob when it comes to computer graphics cards.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by Website
Value-priced NVIDIA® GeForce® 7100 graphics processing units (GPUs) are loaded with
advanced 3D graphic and video features as well as full support for NVIDIA® SLI™ technology and Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0. GeForce 7100 GPUs deliver a premium Microsoft® Windows Vista™
experience, enhanced visual quality, cool gaming effects, and home theater-quality video with
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ technology.

This means there's a lot better on the market.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik
This means there's a lot better on the market.

hmm, maybe I should sell my wii after all...
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by heavenbesideyou
hey guys, I just bought a new computer a couple of weeks ago. It's a windows vista home premium, and it came with a Nvidia GeForce 7100 graphics card and I was wondering if this graphics card was good enough to run games like call of duty 4 modern warfare and other recently new games, or should I just save my money, and buy a better graphics card? Sorry, but I'm a total noob when it comes to computer graphics cards.

You'll barely be able to run CoD4 and new games.

I'd recommend spending about $100 on a GeForce 9800 GT.

That will allow you to game casually for the next few years with decent graphical settings.
Dude, 96 or 98.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
my girlfriend got me the radon 3870 for xmas! cant wait!. if you shop around you'll find the best card in your budget, look on TomsHardware. everymonth they compare cards for the best price.
Quote by GaijinFoot
my girlfriend got me the radon 3870 for xmas! cant wait!. if you shop around you'll find the best card in your budget, look on TomsHardware. everymonth they compare cards for the best price.

You best keep hold of her. YOu've got a good un thar.
Well, the 7100 is an entry level graphics card which is barely going to run today's games (at the lowest possible settings)

Save up and buy a decent card like 9600GSO/GT or HD3850/3870, which is more than enough for a casual gamer who wants to play games like COD4 at high settings and a decent resolution.
Quote by dogfennell
Buttseckscore?

sig worthy.
Contrary to what people have said, you could be ok(ish). I have a 7800GT in my desktop but my laptop has a friggin' Intel GMA X3100 (it's integrated). To my surprise, this can run CoD4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqDqf9RIA94

Sure it doesn't look great and it's probably at a low screen res, but it's playable. Of course it will depend on the rest of your system spec too but if this shitty integrated thing can get that level of performance, an nVidia card should go even higher.

On the other hand though, don't expect to be playing any proper next-gen games that come out in about 2 years time tops.

My Website

Sometimes I make people spurt:
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
sigged for making me spurt guiness on my laptop...damn you!

Quote by imdeth

Jimmy that was pure awesomeness. WIN!