Hey guys. I'm trying to decide on an overdrive. So far i think ive narrowed it down to the Boss OS 2 or the Ibanez Tube screamer.

I really like the amount of crunch the OS-2 has and seems to produce really good all round tone. But i also really like the tube processing of the tube screamer and it does extremely well on the highs.

My style is lo-fi sort of with my biggest influences being the Cribs, Bloc Party and Johnny Marr (bit more overdriven then him though)

Thanks
these are two completely different pedals. try them out for extended periods of time. personally, i think the OS-2 is pretty nifty. it gets a nice chunky tone to it. HOWEVER, it also can end up sounding rather cheap.

Wait, spend more money, and find exactly what you want. check out pedals like the Fulltone OCD and several others out there that are more "boutique-ish"
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
well to start, there is no tube processing in the tubescreamer. the name comes from the fact that it is often used to push tube amps and make them "scream."

honestly, the boss pedal looks a bit more versitile with that added blend knob. but at the same time, the ts-9 and ts808 are really popular pedals for a reason.

id probably go for the tubescreamer, but i just really like the way they sound.
Quote by mattysen
Hey guys. I'm trying to decide on an overdrive. So far i think ive narrowed it down to the Boss OS 2 or the Ibanez Tube screamer.

I really like the amount of crunch the OS-2 has and seems to produce really good all round tone. But i also really like the tube processing of the tube screamer and it does extremely well on the highs.

My style is lo-fi sort of with my biggest influences being the Cribs, Bloc Party and Johnny Marr (bit more overdriven then him though)

Thanks

The OS2 isn't an overdrive really - I had on and didn't think much of it.

Have a look at the BD2, that's probably more what you're looking for.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the ts-808 reissues are pretty good, as are the keeley/analogman modded versions. They really shine when played through a decent valve amp where transparancy is an issue and you need to maintain that guitar/amp tone but with more gain.
If you have some more money, go for a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 with Mosfet, That'll nail everything from low-gain Indie-style crunch to mid-gain chord-smacking with ease.