alright so i found a band in my school, and i started talking and now, i'm into it where this week sometime, i'm sposed to show up to the next practice to just audtion and do whatever, problem is i have no idea what at all to play, so i've been playing for 2years and absolutely NO idea whatever to play and audtion with,
band wise they never really said a genre but, i play more metal like black sabbath, pantera, slayer and etc. but i can't pick which song to possibly play for the thing

any suggestions?
Quote by Zugunruhe
"sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will violate me sexually."
Try playing some of the stuff you like. Maybe Angel of Death by Slayer? Domination by Pantera? Don't play something you think they'd like and then have to fake your way through liking the band.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
You'd be better off playing a classical acoustic piece. Show them your technique and musicianship, not your ability to squeal, bend and smother your mistakes in distortion.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Yeah, play stuff you like. Joining a band without knowing their genre isn't the cleverest thing to do, but just show them your style. If they don't like it, not worth joining.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
"Don't Stop Believing"

You gotta sing it also.
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by rabidguitarist
You'd be better off playing a classical acoustic piece. Show them your technique and musicianship, not your ability to squeal, bend and smother your mistakes in distortion.

this. doesn't have to be a classical piece (but it could be) just make it something involving more techincal skill and less effect as he said. if they are a legit band and not some fake poser band, they will see why you are playing that.
but what peice? thats what i've been asking
Quote by Zugunruhe
Quote by pogo the clown
but what peice? thats what i've been asking

What school are you auditioning for?
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
Quote by SilverDark
What school are you auditioning for?

its not a school, its for a band that's made from students from by school, so its not like a college, audtion thing,
i just need like a peice to play i have a back up but i need an extra, i play rythmn guitar though and i need something that shows off what i can do
Quote by Zugunruhe
cemetary gates? Floods? Raining Blood? Hangar 18 if you know it.
Gear Wish list:

Gibson Custom Les Paul Left handed

ISP Decimator

Maxon OD808

Peavey 6505 Halfstack

Gear Fund: 0/6000
Quote by pogo the clown
its not a school, its for a band that's made from students from by school, so its not like a college, audtion thing,
i just need like a peice to play i have a back up but i need an extra, i play rythmn guitar though and i need something that shows off what i can do

Ah, my bad. So you need to figure out the genre first to arrive at a logical conclusion.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.