My guitar tech told me about Seymour Duncan Stag Mags when I went into talk about getting new pickups. I will have to add push/pull pots to my Les Paul, which I absolutely love. I'm kind of nervous about the feel/tone of push/pull pots. I want to know if:

A. They sound much better then regular humbuckers. (Especially for the price)

B. If it will be very much of a hindrance to have push/pull pots on a LP style guitar.

C. In general, is it really worth it?

Thanks,
AcousticsLayer.
they're an interesting proposition. i'm curious myself...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Push pull pots won't get in your way. Thats all I can help you with.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Just FYI, there isn't really a "good" sound or not.... per se.

What kind of music do you play, and what amp do you have?

If we know that, we can accurately recommend you some good pickups. Stag Mags might not fit your style, you never know.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by AcousticSlayer
My guitar tech told me about Seymour Duncan Stag Mags when I went into talk about getting new pickups. I will have to add push/pull pots to my Les Paul, which I absolutely love. I'm kind of nervous about the feel/tone of push/pull pots. I want to know if:

A. They sound much better then regular humbuckers. (Especially for the price)

B. If it will be very much of a hindrance to have push/pull pots on a LP style guitar.

C. In general, is it really worth it?

Thanks,
AcousticsLayer.
they have more windings than a vintage wound HB, and instead of bar magnets with steel pole-pieces, they use rod magnets (alnico II) like a single coil. the rod magnet have a staggered height, like a staggered SC pickup.

when split, these sound very much like a single coil pickup. that's their main claim to fame.

B. i'm not thrilled with push-pull pots. they're clumsy to pull, and can accidentally be pushed back down. but they allow for switches, without additional holes.

C. if you want a convincing SC sound when split, it would seem they would be the pickup of choice. i have no first hand knowledge, though. never used them.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Will I play most things, except highly geared metal (i.e. Cannibal Corpse etc.). I do play some metal like Metallica. A good majority of my playing is based around mild distortions and cleans, and blues is my favorite to play.
I listened to the clips on the Duncan website last night and was very surprised.

I've been an EMG user for years, but lately, my closet love of single coils is coming to the surface.

I may have to give these a try someday...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Agree.

I had actually forgotten all about them in my recent "coming of age" with single coils.

You've made the gears turn AS, damn you!
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头