Ok, me and my assistant manager are collaborating on a song here. He does the lyrics, I do the music. As you can tell by the title, don't take this too seriously

This song is nothing more than a straight out metal song you can rock you head to. This is not a magnificent work of art or anything and isn't trying to be. That being said, give it a listen!
Attachments:
B.O.B. (Battery Operated Boyfriend).zip
Pretty good song this is, surprised by the lack of posts because this is a good groovey thrash song. Maybe it's just the title but I imagined it with some kind of female vocalist. It all flowed pretty well, except for the 170 tempo change bridge sounding part, but I imagine that would work a good bit better with a vocalist. Nice solo, typical thrashy solo, nothing really to say about it. Really good drums, and I couldn't hear the bass. Good job.
Quote by bloodshed344
Pretty good song this is, surprised by the lack of posts because this is a good groovey thrash song. Maybe it's just the title but I imagined it with some kind of female vocalist. It all flowed pretty well, except for the 170 tempo change bridge sounding part, but I imagine that would work a good bit better with a vocalist. Nice solo, typical thrashy solo, nothing really to say about it. Really good drums, and I couldn't hear the bass. Good job.

Haha thanks, I figured there might more posts too...

The title is just one of the many grossly inappropriate sexual references the lyrics will contain lol, the idea started with really nasty lyrics and rhymes and then me writing just a straight out kick-you-in-the-face metal song to go with it

The chorus is rather boring and I could definitely improve it, but as you said with vocals it will flow better hopefully. I used some chromatics in the solo just to give it an odd sound, and yeah you're right it's nothing special but I think it goes with the song.

I did work a bit on the drums just to get a real aggressive sound, and yes, the bass just follows the guitars haha. I hate doing that cuz I really like the bass to be playing different stuff but for this type of song it suits it well.

Thanks for listening!
Dude, you'll get more posts if you crit other people's stuff and give them a link to crit yours back

Anyway, I'll crit as I listen.

Intro is nice, very Pantera-ish, but more thrashy - this is a good thing I really liked what I assume is the chorus. Nice riffs, and cool harmonisation. maybe when it goes slower after the chorus you could put some more interesting lead over the powerchords, but it still sounds decent. I like the reuse of the intro riff, it's catchy. The solo was cool as well, again reminded me of Pantera. Were they a big influence for this track? Really good work, 9/10.

Crit the Post Hardcore one in my sig? Might not be your style, but opinions are always good
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
That chorus is BITCHING! Nice use of the major chord at the end of the riff. the 6th note a string and 7th note e string. Really brought the whole thing to life. Rest of the song is a lillt tedious but as you said there is lyrics to go over it so it won't be as boring. Good show Old chum.
yeah the begining sound pretty major then it got abit more minor. theres some intense riffage here bro, 80's riffage. good good work