M'kay, I have a few questions about speaker cabinets.

1. does size degrade sound quality? i.e. will a 2X12 sound better or worse than a 4X12?

2. Is mixing one brand's heads with anothers cabs a hard thing to do? or do you just connect the speaker cable and play?

3. Who's cabs are the best for metal, metalcore, and thrash (what i play)? im thinking of mesas, but im just going by what people mention in passing.
Gear:
Gibson Goth Explorer
Fender Gemini II
Dean Cemetery Gates Rzrbck
Marshall MG250 (screw you guys everyone i kno loves this amp)
Digitech Whammy IV
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss NS-2
MXR 10 Band EQ (black, not blue)
well i think 2x12's distort more when the head is kranked than a 4x12 would, but would be better for lower volumes than a 4x12. the mix n' match thing should always be fine, just be sure to get the OHMage right. and i think mesa / blackstar cabs would be best.
I'll answer #3...Vader 2x12...or any Vader
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
1) you might get a more bass in some cabs, such as being open or closed
2) just make sure ohm's match and the cab is rated higher then the head in wattage
3) Vader
judging by what u guys are sayin, ill try out 2x12s cuz they sound like exactly what im lookin for. def gonna check out vaders now. if cabs is all they make they must be good.\

thanx 4 all the suggestions
Gear:
Gibson Goth Explorer
Fender Gemini II
Dean Cemetery Gates Rzrbck
Marshall MG250 (screw you guys everyone i kno loves this amp)
Digitech Whammy IV
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss NS-2
MXR 10 Band EQ (black, not blue)
Quote by pantallica95
M'kay, I have a few questions about speaker cabinets.

1. does size degrade sound quality? i.e. will a 2X12 sound better or worse than a 4X12?

2. Is mixing one brand's heads with anothers cabs a hard thing to do? or do you just connect the speaker cable and play?

3. Who's cabs are the best for metal, metalcore, and thrash (what i play)? im thinking of mesas, but im just going by what people mention in passing.

#1-it's a preference...i am not sure "degrade" would be the word to use,..a 2X12 SOUNDS TIGHTER...usualy people go the 2x12 route for portability and price.
#2-mixing different brands is done all the time,..it's more of a matching tone then brands...and of course matching ohms
#3-there is no "best-for-metal" cab..your head will dictate what cab is your best option,..then you decide on personal taste

good luck