I am looking to buy a new guitar soon as an upgrade from my Ibanez GRG170DX. I am looking for a guitar that can do blues, jazz, and classic rock (versatility would be appreciated). I currently listen to a lot of stevie ray vaughan, jimi hendrix, pink floyd, bb king and other various blues artists. I have already considered the obvious choices such as stratocasters and semi hollows and was wondering if anybody could suggest other ideas or even a precise model of the two. My budget is 750 dollars and i would be willing to save a bit more. As said before, versatility would be appreciated as i do venture into other genres once in a while.

Thanks
Free Mumia
American strat...
edit: after seeing your profile, you might want to split that up and get a new amp and new guitar.
Ibanez AS103 I've heard good things about. The Sheraton II from Epiphone is a magic wand after a pup swap, and don't rule out a Gretsch - they're well-built guitars that can achieve some diverse sounds, not just rockabilly.

Can you tell I'm siding for a hollow/semi-hollow?
an ibanez is notnormalyment forblues its pretty much on the other end of the spectrum trya few les pauls strats teles semihollows there the only thing thats really gonna get u those blues tones
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by Ghold125
American strat...
edit: after seeing your profile, you might want to split that up and get a new amp and new guitar.

lol, yeah i really need a new amp. It's just that i have a one time oppourtunity to sell my guitar and the person is offering me 250 which is really good considering i only paid like 50 dollars more when i bought it new. So the amp is on its way shortly after the guitar.
Free Mumia
Quote by alternitivebass
an ibanez is notnormalyment forblues its pretty much on the other end of the spectrum trya few les pauls strats teles semihollows there the only thing thats really gonna get u those blues tones

Tell that to George Benson, Pat Metheny, et al. There are Ibanez guitars built for that kind of lovin'.
Also, give a shout out to your spacebar and punctuation marks. They're not getting the love they deserve.
Go for a mexican strat and a new amp. Try out some teles and les pauls as well though
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
MIM Tele or Strat does the job. Though the Tele would give more twang. Amp needs a touch up as well. Maybe a Roland Cube 30 will do a good job for an SS amp, but since your budget is $750, you could probably get a decent tube amp.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby