$275 for a 2000 Fender American Deluxe Active Jazz Bass, I'm pretty sure there are no modifications, and it looks and sounds perfect.
Seems too good to be true, but every now and then someone just wants to get rid of something that badly.

I'd stride carefully though. It does seem odd.
The bass I got last week for $230 at guitar center could be turned around for almost $500 on eBay right now. It happens.
Practice Gear:
Ibanez SRX3EXQM1 Bass (Black)
12ft Monster Cable
Peavey MAX 158 Bass Amp
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones

Inspiration: Flea, J. Myung, L. Claypool, R. Trujillo, V. Wooten, N. Mendel
Quote by Steven2285
$275 for a 2000 Fender American Deluxe Active Jazz Bass, I'm pretty sure there are no modifications, and it looks and sounds perfect.

I would almost guarantee that the bass is MIM. The US-made bass is just referred to as the Deluxe Jazz while the Mexican-made bass is called the Deluxe Active Jazz. It is still a good deal, if it is in good condition.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
personally i'd avoid active basses, as i dont like the idea of battery power being used

but for the price, its a good deal
Quote by Lord Matt
personally i'd avoid active basses, as i dont like the idea of battery power being used

but for the price, its a good deal

I do have to ask why not? My first battery was going strong a 8 months, but I changed it because I noticed my preamp's EQ was distorting a bit at more extreme settings.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
9V batteries are 3 or 4 bucks... You replace it every 6 months if you play a lot. I don't see the problem here...
Practice Gear:
Ibanez SRX3EXQM1 Bass (Black)
12ft Monster Cable
Peavey MAX 158 Bass Amp
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones

Inspiration: Flea, J. Myung, L. Claypool, R. Trujillo, V. Wooten, N. Mendel
Quote by Beast_Within
I would almost guarantee that the bass is MIM. The US-made bass is just referred to as the Deluxe Jazz while the Mexican-made bass is called the Deluxe Active Jazz. It is still a good deal, if it is in good condition.

+1
$275 for an MIA? i seriously doubt it. but that is a fair price for an MIM. i say buy it.
if it turns out to be Made In USA, it's probably stolen or a forgery.
You never know man...a friend of mine got a '98 American Jazz (in a hard-to-find color, I might add), a Trace-Elliott AH400SMX, and a matching front-ported 210 all for USD $600.
Nope, no sig here.