Well i've been looking for a new guitar lately, and my expectation just keep changing.

I want something versatile, because i always go through phases of new music, but i want it to be able to get heavy, because thats what i normally play.

Now ive been wondering if i should go the 7 string route, maybe a schecter 7, or ESP/LTD.

This is the Schecter i was wondering about:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C7-Blackjack-7String-Electric-Guitar?sku=513080

Ive been considering other Schecters, like the C-1 classic, and also the PRS SE line.
And also this LTD:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH1000-non-trem-Electric-Guitar?sku=518619

So i need help, would the Schecter be good for versatility and also heavier styles?
How about the LTD?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Last edited by MakeItWitChu at Oct 27, 2008,
I'm going to say the Schecter. That low B on the 7-string will obviously make it the better choice if you want to play heavier styles. It opens up a whole new world of stuff to play without ridiculous downtuning and adjustments.

And if you don't want to play heavy stuff, just do your best to mute the 7th string you'll have 6 strings tuned to E-Standard and you can tune the way you want to. It will definitely improve the tightness in your picking too.

Schecter's (especially 7-strings) have pretty big necks so they take a while to get used to. However once you get used to them, they play like a dream IMO

Your other option you could always do is have a 6-string guitar set up strictly for low tunings.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
Quote by Demonazzz
I'm going to say the Schecter. That low B on the 7-string will obviously make it the better choice if you want to play heavier styles. It opens up a whole new world of stuff to play without ridiculous downtuning and adjustments.

And if you don't want to play heavy stuff, just do your best to mute the 7th string you'll have 6 strings tuned to E-Standard and you can tune the way you want to. It will definitely improve the tightness in your picking too.

Schecter's (especially 7-strings) have pretty big necks so they take a while to get used to. However once you get used to them, they play like a dream IMO

Your other option you could always do is have a 6-string guitar set up strictly for low tunings.

Hmmm... i could do that with my RG (or the new guitar)...

how would the 7 work for cleaner styles? that would be my main point for not getting one with actives.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
I personally don`t recommend a 7 strings... i hate em and, believe it or not, that 7 string changes the visual of guitares, and you may get confused.... i hate that 7 string!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2