Obviously I have learned thanks to your help that my problem is the amp. However, i don;t have money for a new amp. So what noise cancelling pedals (w.e. they are called) are veeery good for major buzz. By the way I have a solid state if it matters.

Whenever my amp is on ESPECIALLY with distortion I hear a maaajor buzzing sound that almost gives me a headache. It goes away when i actually play , but returns the second i stop. It seems to lessen when my tone is low and the treble is low. I like my treble though and my friends don't have this problem at all. Any suggestions. Is it my guitar? amp? The amp is a crate rfx 120 retrofex. The guitar is the slahs sig. epi. and i made the treble side of both humbuckers higher. I had to because the bass was overwhelming it.
Last edited by guitar1212god at Oct 28, 2008,
The amp is a crate rfx 120 retrofex. The guitar is the slahs sig. epi. and i made the treble side of both humbuckers higher. I had to because the bass was overwhelming it.
its definately the amp.
try a ISP decimater, noise reduction.
something a player should have regardless of what amp it is or guitar.
alot of people are ganna say buy a new amp, and for the price of one maybe you should.
I had a marshall practice amp with a bad buzz and took it to a repair shop...got it back 50 dollars later with no gain channel! Get a new amp.
i know its the amp cause ive played those before, and its definately the amp.
there really buzzy buzz killers.
if you want something Really great and dont want to break bank look into the used amp market and buy a flextone ll there always going for hella cheap just cause there old digital technology.