So basically i'm looking at the

Fender '72 tele Custom Reissue

OR

Gretsch G5127 Electromatic

I already have an Epiphone G400

I play most styles, though i'm leaning more toward classic rock, hard rock, indie, emo, punk, punk rock, as far as what i'm writing/trying to write/covering..

Bands such as: Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, The Police, Aerosmith, Cream, Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, NOFX, The Living End, and heaps of others..

These guitars at the place i'm buying are around the $1800 mark, so either help me decide one of those or if you feel like pointing out something i may have missed.. (Not strats, les pauls or anything that could be confused for a BC Rich)

Cheers.. FeOg
Epiphone G400 - Cherry red
Ibanez SR900 - Violin Burst
Zoom B1x
Crossfire Chorus, Delay, Phaser
Jim Dunlop CB95 Wah
OLD Fender Frontman.. 38W.. no idea wth is with it..
Bugera 333XL 2x12 combo
Hartke HA5500 + 2x VX115
Last edited by FeOg at Oct 28, 2008,
Do you like your SG?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I just bought a schecter... absolutely love it

But for what your doing, you cant go wrong with a nice fender.
I love my sg.. its set up just right
Zoom B1x
Jim Dunlop CB95 Wah
Bugera 333XL 2x12 combo
Hartke HA5500 + 2x VX115
does it have the stock pickups? If so, try replacing those before you have a GAS attack.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Oh, forgot to mention.. i really like thick warm neck bucker sounds, though if i'm playing punk/rock/bluesy (think second solution - living end) stuff, then bridge all the way..
Zoom B1x
Jim Dunlop CB95 Wah
Bugera 333XL 2x12 combo
Hartke HA5500 + 2x VX115
god thats a hard choice. i love the gretch, i play my friends alot, its got such sweet tone. and the tele would be sick too.

sorry, that wasn't much help. im just glad i don't have to make that choice
Quote by oneblackened
does it have the stock pickups? If so, try replacing those before you have a GAS attack.

yeah, but i wouldnt bother replacing them, they actually sound really nice.. thats the best thing about the lack of direct quality control in companies like epiphone, squier, etc.. sometimes you'll get lucky and get something that sounds better than the more expensive gibson/fender etc guitars.. and IMHO, mine does
Zoom B1x
Jim Dunlop CB95 Wah
Bugera 333XL 2x12 combo
Hartke HA5500 + 2x VX115
Quote by soBLINKad
...god thats a hard choice....

Tell me about it
Zoom B1x
Jim Dunlop CB95 Wah
Bugera 333XL 2x12 combo
Hartke HA5500 + 2x VX115
Quote by FeOg
yeah, but i wouldnt bother replacing them, they actually sound really nice.. thats the best thing about the lack of direct quality control in companies like epiphone, squier, etc.. sometimes you'll get lucky and get something that sounds better than the more expensive gibson/fender etc guitars.. and IMHO, mine does

I dunno, maybe put a JB or something in the bridge for a tad more output, might like it a bit better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
id probably go with the gretsch. it will give you more versitility when paired with your SG. teles are nice guitars as well, but something about having a hollowbody around just makes me giddy. plus it works well for classic rock, indie and some styles of punk and emo. hard rock still leaves you your SG, which also works for most of those other styles as well.