So I need to get some money together, and selling some of my guitars is the only sensible thing to do.

This is what I have:

1994 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony w/gold)

1996 Yamaha Pacifica 604W (Translucent Blue)

2006 PRS SE Custom (Cherryburst, also 2xBurstbucker Pro, graphite nut and locking tuners)

2007 Yamaha BB414 (Black bass guitar.. I bet I'll need it for something as soon as I get rid of it)

2007 Gibson SG Special Faded (Worn Brown)

I can't decide which one(s) to keep though .. Help!
I would get rid of

yamaha pacifica
the sg special
yamaha bb414
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
i'd say the yamaha pacifica, but that's just me. I'd say the bass, but i think it's always good to have one
Get rid of the one you use the least. It's really your option. If you feel, for example, the Gibson serves you better than the Yamaha, sell the Yamaha.

Personally, I'd keep the PRS SE and both the Gibsons
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Quote by JLT73
I would get rid of

yamaha pacifica
the sg special
yamaha bb414

+1

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
the yamaha pacifica and the les paul
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
id get rid of the sg faded personally. you could get a good amount from it because of the name on the headstock even though the quality is probably high end epiphoneish.
PS how does somebody that has enough cashflow to get that collection together suddenly get in a guitar selling worthy pinch like that.
I've realized I should invest in a good amp instead... (currently all I have is a Vox AD15VT)

You seem pretty certain that the yamaha should go, but this is very tricky, I'll explain:
The Pacifica 604W is the only real strat style guitar I have, and it is very nice.
Picked it up for £100 and it probably won't sell for much more. Locking tuners, Wilkinson bridge, great to play and in excellent condition. Not really worth selling it!

The Les Paul is nice but the neck feels a bit worn. Then again the sound is just amazing. There's so much sound in that huge mahogany body.

The PRS is alright to play and sounds good. It's got the best pickups out of all the guitars (there's a problem with one of the pickups though, keeps dying after a bit). I've spent money on it which I'd lose if I sell it.

The SG is the best one to play, but the sound is a bit weak. Got it for cheap though, and could sell it for a 75% profit.

And last the BB414; I don't care much about basses, but if I ever want to record some songs it would be great to have. Wouldn't be able to get much for it if I sell it either, but then again, it's a bass! Who cares?!

Phew.. This really should be a lot easier!
Last edited by WackZylde at Oct 27, 2008,
Sell the Gibson SG Special. The Yamaha won't really fetch you any cash, all your going to lose is your dignity and gain some space.
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
get rid of the bass for sure.

If you every wanna record with one, you could probably find a buddy that'll do something for you, or get an octave pedal.

Sell the SG. The yamaha you could sell to a beginner
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
If you do decide to sell the SG let me know, i'll be interested
A reviewer said High School Musical is "squeakier than Minnie Mouse at the point of climax" and I couldn't help but indulge my imagination.
Gear:
Washburn X200 Pro with SD's
Roland Cube 15x
Digitech RP-50
Boss DS-1
Boss CH-1
get rid of the yamaha's.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
I think...you should keep your guitars and find a better paying job. You obviously don't want to get rid of them, so don't. Just spend some time looking for somewhere that will support you better financially than your current job.
Small world - I just had to sell my SG special yesterday (faded cherry colour), if its' in good condit you'll get £200-250 on that (only got 150 for mine thanks for a headstock crack Gibson quality control conveniently forgot about)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by kenan6346
I think...you should keep your guitars and find a better paying job. You obviously don't want to get rid of them, so don't. Just spend some time looking for somewhere that will support you better financially than your current job.

+1.
Or, get two or more jobs. Get extra!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO