Page 1 of 2
I saw the "most important picture ever taken." It got me thinking that there must be more out there than just us. So I started researching stuff like that, and came across a theory, called the Many Worlds Theory, that states that every outcome to every possible event that has ever happened has it's own universe.

So there has to be trillions and trillions of different versions of each and every one of us out there.

This stuff interests me immensely. Just imagine, how different you could be from making one different choice.

What's your take on all this, Pit? Do you believe in the Many-Worlds Theory/Parallel Universes/Multiverses? If not, why not?
Holy fuck, I've never thought of counting the amount of times I jerk off and putting it into a counter. I'm going to start that.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
hooray for theoretical science. i'll stick with chemistry, hurts the brain less.

edit: you are still a youngin'. wait until you get into junior/senior undergraduate or graduate studies to worry about this kind of stuff.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Oct 27, 2008,
I learned a bit about this last year (my freshmen year in biology, long story). I learned that if i tried for a long enough period of time, i could walk through walls, but it would be more likely for me to win the lotterey every week for 80 years.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
hooray for theoretical science. i'll stick with chemistry, hurts the brain less.

edit: you are still a youngin'. wait until you get into junior/senior undergraduate or graduate studies to worry about this kind of stuff.

Unless you drink it.
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
I've thought about that...

And how the possibility of time travel would probably mean that every second of our lives from beginning to end has its little world where its happening just as it did, but all starting from a different point...

Or something like that.

I was in the shower when I thought of that one. There's just something about warm water and old spice body wash that makes my imagination run wild.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I'm reading Bill Brysons' A Short History Of Nearly Everything, and I recommend this for you. It's like a bitesize guide to science. And isn't that only a fraction of the picture? I remember it being bigger.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Skierinanutshel

I'm in Chemistry right now. Yeah, it hurts the brain less, but it's also much less interesting. I'm not really worrying about this, it's just something that caught my interest.
Quote by Echoplex
I learned a bit about this last year (my freshmen year in biology, long story). I learned that if i tried for a long enough period of time, i could walk through walls, but it would be more likely for me to win the lotterey every week for 80 years.

I don't see how walking through walls is possible. It's a basic law of science that two objects, any two pieces of matter, in space, cannot occupy the same space as the same time. So unless your atoms were to move through the incredibly small spaces between the atoms in the wall, that's not really possibly.

So yea, winning the lottery every week for 80 years (and probably more) is quite more likely.

...but don't expect either to happen.
it wouldnt be trillions amounts itd be infinity, and yes i know what your talking about, it extremely hurts my head and others too when i try to explain it because they cant comprehend infinity.
Quote by Echoplex

thats true, its because atoms are not touching one another, and objects are only illusions of solid objects, but yes going through and object would not only take a substantial amount of force, but a large amount of heat
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
I hope the theory is true as I can take solace in the fact that I'm happy somewhere.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by identityxcrysis
I don't see how walking through walls is possible. It's a basic law of science that two objects, any two pieces of matter, in space, cannot occupy the same space as the same time. So unless your atoms were to move through the incredibly small spaces between the atoms in the wall, that's not really possibly.

So yea, winning the lottery every week for 80 years (and probably more) is quite more likely.

...but don't expect either to happen.

In alternate universes its possible though [mabye]
Quote by Echoplex
In alternate universes its possible though [mabye]

Stuff like that might be. I read that physics in different universes could be completely different than they are here. I don't know if I believe that. But then again, I have no reason not to..
actually there wouldn;t been trillions and trillions of versions of each and every one of us, there would be an infinite versions of each and everyone of us and infinite keeps growing and growing every infinith of time :S confusing shit
Gear:
Epiphone Sg-400 standard
Epiphone DR 100 VS
Fender FM 212
Boss ME-50
Holy shit.

If, in these alternate worlds you speak of, there had been a vagoo on the end of my penor every time I fapped, I could potentially have millions of children.

/Mindfucked.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I'm reading Bill Brysons' A Short History Of Nearly Everything, and I recommend this for you. It's like a bitesize guide to science. And isn't that only a fraction of the picture? I remember it being bigger.

I'll check that out.

I'm not sure if that's the whole thing or not, it's not the same one I saw either.

But it gives people an idea.
What if we exist in a world created by scientists in a larger world?

What if one day we caught up with them as far as technology goes, so they tried to destroy us. But, we fought back and took over their world.

What if this is a good movie idea?

What if the pit made this movie?

If their are people in different universes/planes of existence, what theories do you think they have for their existence? Do they believe in us?
Quote by astro0930
I'll check that out.

I'm not sure if that's the whole thing or not, it's not the same one I saw either.

But it gives people an idea.

I'm thinking of the Deep Field picture (http://dalesdesigns.net/small/06.jpg), but they might be the same I don't know The picture in my link just posted is a fingernail of the night sky that you see.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
There is no reason for this theory to be true, from what I know. It's just an idea.

Also, there is a chance that you could walk through walls. I don't remember the specifics, but basically if you kept dropping a pen on a table, there's an incredibly small chance that it would fall through the table. It's never been observed, though
Quote by astro0930
Stuff like that might be. I read that physics in different universes could be completely different than they are here. I don't know if I believe that. But then again, I have no reason not to..

That also makes me think about life on other planets and how they could very well be living among us. Like if their physics are completely different, are minds wouldn't have the need or ability to comprehend it...

Or something along those lines...

Like a color that isn't a shade or hue of every other color we've already seen.
Or a sound that isn't necessarily heard.

Junk like that...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Quote by Just Andrew
I hope the theory is true as I can take solace in the fact that I'm happy somewhere.

...but you could also be dying or in immense pain in another reality...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by x_thurston_x
That also makes me think about life on other planets and how they could very well be living among us. Like if their physics are completely different, are minds wouldn't have the need or ability to comprehend it...

Or something along those lines...

Like a color that isn't a shade or hue of every other color we've already seen.

Or a sound that isn't necessarily heard.

Junk like that...

Well, there are colors we can't see. I have no idea how scientists figured this out, but 'tis true. Who knows what's going on in the colors we can't see. What if that's the secret to invisibility? To determine that color and coat oneself in it. Or perhaps, the colors we see aren't the colors that truly are. Perhaps there are some people that can see these colors, but don't even know it, because they cannot possibly know what we see.

What if the color blind aren't really color blind? What if we're the ones that are color blind?
Okay, after reading the last few posts, my brain hurts.

What other color could we not possibly see? I'm trying to think of it but it just makes my head hurt even more..

F*ck this hurts my head, but it's so damn interesting..
Quote by Habit Zero
Well, there are colors we can't see. I have no idea how scientists figured this out, but 'tis true. Who knows what's going on in the colors we can't see. What if that's the secret to invisibility? To determine that color and coat oneself in it. Or perhaps, the colors we see aren't the colors that truly are. Perhaps there are some people that can see these colors, but don't even know it, because they cannot possibly know what we see.

What if the color blind aren't really color blind? What if we're the ones that are color blind?

Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by Habit Zero

They're not colors like we know them. They're different spectrums, iirc. We can "see" them with special equipment.
Quote by Spamwise
They're not colors like we know them. They're different spectrums, iirc. We can "see" them with special equipment.

Elaborate?
Quote by astro0930
Elaborate?

Your eyes interpret the spectrum of light as colors. Just like there are no "sounds". When our ears pick up sound frequencies, they are interpreted as sounds to us.

You know that question about if a tree breaks and falls in a forest and there's no one around to hear it, does it make a sound? The answer is no.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Your eyes interpret the spectrum of light as colors. Just like there are no "sounds". When our ears pick up sound frequencies, they are interpreted as sounds to us.

So..we can see those colors, but we don't see them for what their true color is? Like, we see them as green or something?
this explains the types of light we can't see. There are links on a menu at the left of the screen that go into more detail.
Quote by Spamwise

Where??? That'd be pretty neat...

Man just thinking about it is overstimulating...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Last edited by x_thurston_x at Oct 27, 2008,
Quote by astro0930
So..we can see those colors, but we don't see them for what their true color is? Like, we see them as green or something?

There is no such physical thing as color. It's a concept that your brain has. Same with sound. There is no sound.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by sergc118
like infrared and ultraviolet?

Yes.

Read the link I posted.
Infra-red and ultra-violet spectrums are below and above (accordingly) the sprectrum of visible light, it all comes down to the freaquency in hertz? that the light travels, thats only two that spring to mind but thst leaves the possibility of infinite light spectrums that our eyes cant register.
Okay I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around this though...

Do we possibly see colors (yeah yeah i get it, no such thing as color) differently? Like my red is Bob's green?

Cause I head of people switching colors in their minds kinda like dyslexia or something.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

In an alternate Universe, everyone in this thread died upon reading the OP.

Think about it.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Page 1 of 2