Sorry, JT, I finished these songs in a ridiculously short amount of time so I have to post them, I will crit yours soon

The first is my latest usual, but some of the transitions are sloppy and the song is A LOT shorter than I have riffs for. It's got some cool shit in there, methinks.

The second is an experiment in Suffocation/Disgorge style brutal death metal/goregrind. Also incomplete, but whatever. It has a lot of similar riffs, but hey, it's brutal death metal.

SONGS IN SECOND POST.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Oct 28, 2008,
Dey iz fin'd.
Attachments:
asd.zip
brtlz.zip

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I'll crit the br00t4lz one as I listen to it.

Nice intro, kinda sets the scene, and that bass part is awesome - it's rare to hear bass used well in death metal IMO. There is perhaps a little too much repetition though, but the chugging is good. The bridge is nice, sounds really brutal. Breakdown is simple but effective(I use that phrase way too much). The 'riffage' bit was my favourite part, because the riffage was cool This song is more inspired than most brutal death metal I've heard. It's a genre I enjoy and that was a great song. 8/10. Your metal stuff is amazing. I've been trying to write some br00t4lz lately and I just don't seem to be much good at it

Crit my post-hardcore one in my sig? I know you already have but I've finished it now I'll probably crit your other song at some point.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Thanky kindly. And, about the bass part, if you don't mind extreme brutlz ( ), then try early Cryptopsy (You might like their new deathcore stuff as well), Disgorge (US), Suffocation (US), and maybe Disgorge (Mex) for bands with a heavy bass sound or frequent bass breaks that fit into brutal death/goregrind.

Will crit your finished song.

Quote by eggsandham2
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Oct 28, 2008,
Some awesome stuff there especially Suffocation.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Suffocation's first album "Effigy of the Forgotten" is probably my biggest influence for my straight-forward death metal stuff.

Love those breakdowns. Love Frank Mullen(vocalist)'s Brooklyn accent too

Quote by eggsandham2
That wasn't really doom though, was it?

But I enjoyed the song, nice melodies and reminded me of a happier version of Insomnium or something... sorry I'm way too tired to give any further comments/criticism, better get to sleep hahha
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

I might have to get that album. They're damn good. The growling of the other 2 is just a little too low for me, mainly cos I can barely hear it
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by Kepulix
That wasn't really doom though, was it?

But I enjoyed the song, nice melodies and reminded me of a happier version of Insomnium or something... sorry I'm way too tired to give any further comments/criticism, better get to sleep hahha

Okay, it's more like Katatonia with some doom influence

Frinedly Stoat: Yeah, Disgorge (both, but mostly the US one) aren't know for being too genre-breaking or avante-garde but damn are they good

Quote by eggsandham2
Haha I see what you mean.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
I liked the first one alot, it was ****in sweet ass. The main chord progression is amazing. I expected more out of the solo, but it was still good. The drum work was good too. the chord progression was my fav part. The second song was alright. I didn't like it as much, Im not saying it was bad. I dont know what to say about it lol , very experimental. Anyways good work
C4C
~https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=987928~
~https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=967826~