hey guys i was recording some riffs and i was wondering which interval or what relationship the single notes (not chords) usually have when harmonized in metal.

Thanks!

<3
try thirds
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
3rds generally work well.
The official Panamanian-Jamaican-Syrian-Canadian-American-Jew.

Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Spider III 120 Watt
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal
Whatever you want. Start harmonizing (diatonically) and see what you like. We can't write your music for you.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Try downloading some necrophagist taps. They harmonize a ton but do it in a variety of ways. For example on a riff they will hit the third and fifths of an arpegio while the harmony is the I note. Like if I played an E, C, and D, and the other guitar only hit A at the same rythym. The D isnt in the chord but it still sounds pretty sick. Or for the more brutal parts like they will harmonize in minor thirds non diatonically. Also putting together powerchords with powerchords inversions sounds pretty cool. Harmonize make good accents. You can also do the iron maiden thing where they play a riff and play the same riff a a diatonic 3rd up/down or whatever. 5ths sound cool and mastodonish. Octaves are used by Nile frequently as well. Harnomizing down a 4th sounds pretty brutal but just know your playing an inverted 5th, not a 4th.
Try harmonizing using thirds or sixthes below the melody note. Also, for harmonizing riffs, fourths work very well. What's very fun to try to do is to harmonize using notes that aren't straight thirds or sixes. It can yield interesting results. My favorite example of this is in the song Aerials by System of a Down.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!