Guys im Thinking about ordering two pickups, a hambucker for the bridge and a single coil for the neck position, My budget is 150$ (im not asking for the real good ones, because i know those are expensive, only a good money-value relation).. i like to play from iron maiden like stuff ... (i guess that the "rockier" sound would be my bridge pickup?) to soft rock/blues with light distortion or clean tone..

Any suggestion would be apreciated.. i was checking online stores, and there are just too many pickups to choose from to know what im doing :P
you can get "real good ones" with a $150 budget easy. not sure about the single coil but you could take a look at the seymour duncan sh-5 for the bridge.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
you can get "real good ones" with a $150 budget easy. not sure about the single coil but you could take a look at the seymour duncan sh-5 for the bridge.

I have been looking at an sh-8 .. are those anything alike?.. well about the single coil.. anny sugestions ? (i dont have a tele :P)
Quote by joakinrox
I have been looking at an sh-8 .. are those anything alike?.. well about the single coil.. anny sugestions ? (i dont have a tele :P)

as cool as the sh-8 looks, thats the only cool thing about it. the tone it produces is pretty terrible and will probably be overkill for the sound you're trying to achieve. i've always liked the sound of lace single coil pickups, i don't know if i'm alone on that though so you should wait for some more opinions on the single coil.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
i've always liked the sound of lace single coil pickups, i don't know if i'm alone on that though so you should wait for some more opinions on the single coil.

Lace sensors have a nice unadultered clean tone. Really makes your guitar sound... well... like a guitar. There are different LS, but at the end of the day, they all sound like LS, they make your tone sound like... pure guitar. You can really hear what your guitar sounds like, amplified and without any overdrive or tonal changes or characteristics of pickups. Good if you like that sound, bad if you wanted something else other than pure wood sounding A440 through an amplifier.

Lace sensors have minimal tonal characteristics. I mean, the way they sound, you'd know its a LS, but it doesn't change your tone with an over the top sound. Think of it as the polar opposite of EMGs, which have a large impact on your tone.

Oh and one other thing, Lace Sensors are silent. Like a ninja!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
What amp are you using?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
A jb or super distortion in the bridge, plus a hot rail in the neck will get you Iron Maiden tones on a strat with an el34 amp. This won't leave you much for pristine cleans, though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
First of all we need to know what amp and what guitar you use.

EDIT: Yes, these pickups will go into a Pacifica 012 and they are very good (SH5 is one of my personal favourites), but there is absolutely no point putting them into a cheap guitar like the 012, as they won't make your sound that much better (If it was at least the 112, that'd be something different then). It's also pointless to replace the pups as long as you're using an amp that won't let their qualities shine through. If you only have some cheap solid state starter amp the new pickups are a waste of money. Investing in a good modeling combo will get you a far better tone.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Oct 28, 2008,
Sorry, xD a Laney extreme lx20.. very basic gear i guess... xD :P will this pickups get along well with my guitar/amp?
and to qualiman. i would of course get a better guitar or a better amp.. but i cant get shipment to my country for things as heavy as a new guitar or a new amp ... so until i save some money to buy them here the pickups are the only thing i can get .. (i also have a zoom g2 multieffects pedal)

By the way, if anyone would suggest some electronics mod(better quality caps, pots? idk) to make the sound coming from the guitar a little better, i would make those too :P
Last edited by joakinrox at Oct 28, 2008,
From Seymour Duncan Site:

Artist: Dave Murray

Band: Iron Maiden

Pickups: SHR-1n, SHR-1b, SH-11