Page 1 of 4
There is a girl at my school that I like a lot. She's really nice, but I'm always to shy to talk to her in the halls between classes. I think she suspects that I'm interested in her, but I want to let her know anyway.

My question is this. What's a good way to let a girl know that you like her without coming right out and saying it? For example, what are some simple things that I can do to help her out? Or maybe something I can give her, like a gift? Also, we only have one class together, so I only have a few brief opportunities to see her each day.

I realize this belongs in the relationship thread, and I tried but I couldn't find it. So sorry. Any non-serious posts will be ignored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Kill her family. Good luck trying to ignore the first response, bitch.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
make a sharp observation about her... like what perfume she's wearing or that her hair looks good, girls LOVE to be complimented, but don't make it obvious.
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Quote by BostonLP
make a sharp observation about her... like what perfume she's wearing or that her hair looks good, girls LOVE to be complimented, but don't make it obvious.

yea and look like a total stalker
Just start out by finding something to strike up a conversation with her. You said that you had one class with her, find something to say to her relating to that class.
ask her about her love life

and be sure to comliment her, but not too obvious

and remember

the real world is not like the pit. watch what you say...
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
ALWAYS find this person online, whether it be Myspace or Facebook or whatever. Breaking the ice is a lot easier while IMing than anywhere else. Talk to her online then meet her and talk to her more in person.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Mix cd of songs you like?
Or songs that are similar to the ones she likes, but by different bands and stuff...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
ask her about her love life

and be sure to comliment her, but not too obvious

and remember

the real world is not like the pit. watch what you say...
Advice taken!!
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Crafter D-8

Orange OR-15
Quote by YourDad
Talk to her online then meet her and talk to her more in person.

No. No no no no no no no.

No.

NO!

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
ha this is easy

just smile at her whenever you pass her

a smile says more than words can
Quote by YourDad
ALWAYS find this person online, whether it be Myspace or Facebook or whatever. Breaking the ice is a lot easier while IMing than anywhere else. Talk to her online then meet her and talk to her more in person.

*cough*pedophile*cough*
Quote by Xiaoxi

No.

NO!

Hey, it worked for me.

Quote by guylee
*cough*pedophile*cough*

Shh you.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by YourDad

I usually go about it the other way around. =/
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
take her to a dying fetus concert.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Quote by liam1107
ha this is easy

just smile at her whenever you pass her

a smile says more than words can
I try to. But she always seems to aviod eye contact.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Crafter D-8

Orange OR-15
Quote by x_thurston_x
Mix cd of songs you like?
Or songs that are similar to the ones she likes, but by different bands and stuff...

wtf is this the 80's?

"oh i got you this mix cd with a bunch of shit I liek, but im not sure if you like this music, so insetad of asking anhd striking up conversation like normal people do, I'll just assume you're exactly like me"

very considerate
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Xiaoxi

No.

NO!

its a good idea
dont shoot it down just yet
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by YourDad
ALWAYS find this person online, whether it be Myspace or Facebook or whatever. Breaking the ice is a lot easir while IMing than anywhere else. Talk to her online then meet her and talk to her more in person.

whoa what?? I usually find that meeting people online first and then meeting them in person is way more awkward.

TS do not be the creep that says one word to a person and then adds them on fb cause thats just weird. I guess my advice would be to talk to her about whatever subject you guys are taking together, and then after you get comfortable talking to her you should be set
okay let's be serious about this, all this eejits with their 'dick-in-box' shite

right well firstly under no circumstance tell her how you actually feel
it's only gonna put pressure on her and make her feel bad like, so don't say it

just be nice try and talk to her and if she likes you back it will happen at some point

just don't be stupid and tell her, it's an amateur mistake to make
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
its a good idea

*Mood rises back up*

Thank you.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

Quote by itchy guitar

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by YourDad
Hey, it worked for me.

Clap clap.

But seriously, terrible advice. Sorry.

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
its a good idea

No, it's a horrible idea.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by E_squared
I try to. But she always seems to aviod eye contact.

you have no chance

but seriously, do you have any classes of lunch periods with her? if so, just sit kinda close to her and her ground of friends and try to talk to her somehow (make funny jokes, be humorous but not pit humorous)

just dont say anything that could make her feel awkward, think about what your gonna say and the response before you say it
I'm Steve
Last edited by Irnmaiden4life at Oct 27, 2008,
Jus get to know her a lil. Find out wat she likes, i. e. hobbies or interests. (And don't her friends this kinda thing; ask her directly.) Stuff like that. And be polite, btw. If you walkin with her, havin a conversation and you 2 happen to come to a door, hold the door for her. Say plz and ty when it's appropiate.

Above all, do NOT keep doin wat you're doin. She ain't gonna w8 round for ya forever, man. Talkin to a girl is generally bout jus neutral things generally does the trick for me, man.

Finally, do NOT do the whole 'I wrote you a song' routine. Puts unnecessary pressure on her. Not somethin girls wanna deal with. As a general rule, girls like to feel comfortable, same as guys do.
Last edited by rockhardmetal at Oct 27, 2008,
Quote by imthehitcher
okay let's be serious about this, all this eejits with their 'dick-in-box' shite

just be nice try and talk to her and if she likes you back it will happen at some point

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Crafter D-8

Orange OR-15
ask her about the homework or something then ask her if shes going to a high school football game or something... i have no idea why im giving advice when i have my own girl problems
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Quote by imthehitcher

+1
Quote by potcorn56
ask her about the homework or something then ask her if shes going to a high school football game or something... i have no idea why im giving advice when i have my own girl problems
I understand.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Crafter D-8

Orange OR-15
Quote by potcorn56

we all do. we either dont have girlfriends or lose them after like 1 day
I'm Steve
Quote by guylee
rape.

or chocolate.

CHOCOLATE RAPE!

Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Okay, here's what you really need to do. Just go up to her and start talking about whatever that you think you guys share in common (classes, friends, etc). Don't make a big deal either. If she's willing to talk, you have a chance. If not, just move on to the next one.

But whatever you, DO NOT do the work online.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
wtf is this the 80's?

"oh i got you this mix cd with a bunch of shit I liek, but im not sure if you like this music, so insetad of asking anhd striking up conversation like normal people do, I'll just assume you're exactly like me"

very considerate

I was assuming he already talked to the girl, having not read his original post completely.

But yeah, actually it is. It takes a lot of time and energy, and if you use good songs, and introduce her to a new world of music, you tend to make a bigger impact on her than just saying "hi you're pretty, lets go ****."

It has nothing to do with assuming the girl is "just like you"... Music is a wonderful form of expression that can say things and convey ideas that words sometimes can't do justice to.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Page 1 of 4