I play when I am happy
I play when I am sad
I play when I am angry and also when nothings up

but do you play to get away from the world? All the stuff thats going on around you? do you feel like you should just say "F!@K it" and just go to your room and turn it up and play and play and play?

I play when my parents give me shit even though i am a straight A university engineering student with scholarships
I play when my boss gives me shit at work even though I am the most honest person there
I play when my professors give me projects that take billions of hours to work on
I play when I see ungrateful and undeserving son of bitches at university just doing nothing, ****ing around, yet getting everything
I play when I see her waste herself with assholes who probably just use her.

And when I start playing, all of this goes away, I feel nothing except pure lovely supernatural emotion that is music and then I play some more.

The question is do you play to get away from stuff that you find troubles you? and does it relieve you? Discuss
I play 4 teh bewbs.

But seriously, I play so I can be good at doing at least something.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by OhSoInsane
I do not comprehend...?

Slang for masturbation.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Sometimes. Playing by itself is definitely therapeutic, but I find writing and composing moreso.
Quote by xaviergray
Replace every instance of "play" in that paragraph with "fap" and you've pretty much summed up my life

But seriously, TS, yeah, a lot of us play to show a sort of vision that reflects somethin better than wat we have.
I play guitar to express what I am feeling and to vent
Last.fm
Quote by Weybl Himself
It's the Pit, every day is Dumbass Question Day
I don't do it to escape, but it often helps me to either put things in perspective, to calm me down, to let it out, to get lost in the moment. It's a form of escape I guess...

And for a lot of reasons. Music is a powerful thing.

I also act, and hope to make that my profession (and music, of course). But acting's a little less convenient...haha.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
I play when I am happy
I play when I am sad

Thats what i do bitch
1. Yell every line of that.
2. Add powerchords
3. ??????
4. Your very own punk song. Voila.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
I play to make reality better.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
A poll would be nice.

I play to get my mind of some issues...especially now.

If that doesn't work then I come to the pit.
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by Bobby97
Est-ce que tu parler francais? yes whats with everyone saying voila?

Actually, I'm certified bilingual in french and english.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
i play because its great

i lucid dream to escape reality
"There are two wolves fighting inside all of us - the wolf of fear and hate, and the wolf of love and peace." The grandson listened, then looked up at his grandfather and asked, "Which one will win?", The grandfather replied, "the one we feed".
I write stories to escape reality, but most of them are influenced by guitar and listening music. So yes you could say I play to escape reality.

Though its easier by just listening to music.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by OhSoInsane
I play when I am happy
I play when I am sad

I play when my parents give me shit even though i am a straight A university engineering student with scholarships
I play when my boss gives me shit at work even though I am the most honest person there
I play when my professors give me projects that take billions of hours to work on
I play when I see ungrateful and undeserving son of bitches at university just doing nothing, ****ing around, yet getting everything
I play when I see her waste herself with assholes who probably just use her.

And when I start playing, all of this goes away, I feel nothing except pure lovely supernatural emotion that is music and then I play some more.

Me too.
"Technique doesn't come into it. I deal in emotions."