I have a tab I downloaded but its not in standard tuning.... is there some way to change it so its read in standard tuning?
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
click on where it says distortion guitar or whatever it says, and it will show tunings
thanks guys, ill try this and see about it
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
woops, its not actually the guitar itself, you have to click to the left of where it says 30-distortion guitar. for me, it says track 1, but someone could of renamed that to guitar or the guitarists name.
you could channge the tuning and transpose the track
are all the strings the same interval apart from standard? or do they vary like DADGAD
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by Sammoth
click on where it says distortion guitar or whatever it says, and it will show tunings

dude you are the man.... it worked.... PERFECT.
u in illinois? me too man from NW burbs.
Quote by rich_sg

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
There is a GP and PT help thread in another forum.

But since you're here just click on the instrument name (Track 1, guitar, etc).

But beware that notes that cannot be played in standard tuning (such as when in drop D, the open 6th string) will be shown as a rest.
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
What tuning is it in? If it's not too weird you should just tune to it. And if it is a weird tuning then it's probably gonna be hard to play in standard.
Gear List:
Yamaha SJ-180 Steel String Acoustic
2008 Ibanez S520
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Peavey Vypyr 15W

Call me Erk.
Quote by Survivalism
So...you have a tab that you blatantly and purposefully want to make wrong?

...K.

Or maybe he wants to practice a song and get the hang of the movements and progressions, without bothering to tune down his guitar everytime he wants to practice it, what's so wrong about that? Just because it's not his song doesn't mean he has to plya it 'exactly like the original or die', that sounds like metalhead talk.

Dude, just click on all the tracks respectively one by one where it has the name of the track and a panel should come up with a tuning option for each string. Bring it up to standard and click OK, it will ask you if you want to transpose the track, meaning if you want it to play the same notes but chage the positioning for that tuning, or you don't want to transpose, meaning the song will stay as tabbed and play in that tuning with the same positioning. Remember to do this with all tracks, otherwise it'll sound like ass with one track out of tune.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM