on the musicians frend page it says thats whats in the bridge of the gilmore strat...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Custom-Shop-David-Gilmour-Signature-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=500519

does anyone have one and how do they sound?

would you recomend it for me? i love strats buti cant get that punch from the bridge pup.... what do you all think?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him acheive world dominance.
May want to check out gilmourish.com. SSL 5 bridge SSL 1 middle SSL 1 neck. Also used EMG SA's in the red strat. I'm leaning towards the SSL's in the strat I get. Still on the fence as to which way to go. Als o check out youtube saw a video the other day with a guy using SSL 5 bridge and a big muff. Sounded pretty good.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
ok cool... yeah im not a fan or EMG's not my kinda tone...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him acheive world dominance.
Toneriders off the same tone at a fraction on of the cost (full set of toneriders = 1 duncan)

I had the EMG DG set, very nice with the active EQ. It needed a valve amp rather than processors though
i run an 18 watt marshall clone i had my brother make for me... and RG FANMAN it says in the book about the guitar and on the musicians frend page where youc an preorder his signature model he runs an SSL-5 in the bridge... yeah... ive done my research on it
(\__/)
(='.'=)
Quote by SRV59
ok cool... yeah im not a fan or EMG's not my kinda tone...

Well, this is David Gilmour, not Metallica. They aren't 81s or 85s. Just noiseless single coils.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Well, this is David Gilmour, not Metallica. They aren't 81s or 85s. Just noiseless single coils.

i know ive played on em before... i just wasnt a fan i guess... wasnt what i was looking for... if i knew what i was looking for id tell you but im kinda puzzled...
(\__/)
(='.'=)